Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Seems silly to moan about this, but in the trailers (ill stick a spoiler just to be 100%)
    we see Finn with a lightsaber, but assuming he's not a Jedi, he's a storm trooper , this is going against the Star Wars tradition ??

I was wandering that myself, I thought you had to be
    a Jedi to have a lightsaber

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/?ref_=nv_sr_1

9.5/10, early days and that will go down, but a good sign !! :)

Nobody has seen the film yet. Premiere is later today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

py2006 wrote: »
    ill go one further. If the Jedi are extinct why are troopers armed with weapons to deal with Lightsabers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Eh
    Obi Wan gives Luke a lightsaber in A New Hope and you could argue that that he is not a Jedi until Return of the Jedi. I think Finn is just using the only weapon available to him at the time.

Anyone can use a light saber, not everyone will have Jedi training.

Plus I am hoping that a lot of what we have seen in the trailers is mis direction, so there might be a good few surprises when we see it even if we think we worked out some bits from the trailers.

I think a lot of spoilers may come out in the next day or two :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I think a lot of spoilers may come out in the next day or two :-(

Yep ... I will stay away from the thread till I see it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Someone who hasn't really been discussed in the last few weeks: Max Von Sydow. No posters, no presence in the trailers, no discussion. Anyone else a little bit curious as to who and what he will be in the movie? For such an iconic actor, is he really going to be relegated to a minor bit-part? I hope not... I had hoped he would be the one pulling the strings of Kylo, but doesn't seem to be the case.

Falthyron wrote: »
    Someone who hasn't really been discussed in the last few weeks: Max Von Sydow. No posters, no presence in the trailers, no discussion. Anyone else a little bit curious as to who and what he will be in the movie? For such an iconic actor, is he really going to be relegated to a minor bit-part? I hope not... I had hoped he would be the one pulling the strings of Kylo, but doesn't seem to be the case.

I'll tell ya on thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I'll tell ya on thurs

:D

I can tell you at 02.41 on Thursday morning! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I reckon he will be:
    Boba Fett!
    But I will be wrong.

• Advertisement

:D

I can tell you at 02.41 on Thursday morning! :P

Don't forget your coat before you leave the Internet...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The ghost of Obi Wan? Or the ghost of Ming the Merciless? I'm hoping the latter. I'd love to see a scene in Star Wars where he Jedi are changing "Go Flash Go"...

This is a really encouraging read. Have been wondering about how it'll progress after Force awakens
    http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/12/jj-abrams-and-kathleen-kennedy-talk.html?m=1

Max Von Sydow is in it !!!! :O !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Rumor has it the main set piece of the film is him playing chess with Vader's ghost. :pac:

Damn, beginning to regret getting tickets for this on the Monday night ..

:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Seeing this in 13 hours time. Hard to believe that tomorrow morning I will be watching a sequel to Return of the Jedi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

13 hours time :confused: how did you manage that??

• Advertisement

philstar wrote: »
    13 hours time :confused: how did you manage that??

Press show

doubledown wrote: »
    Press show

Well all thank you to not tell us anything then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

you a journo??

david75 wrote: »
    Well all thank you to not tell us anything then.

I won't say / post a word. Not even a reaction.

philstar wrote: »
    you a journo??

I review films, yes. But I'm also a lifelong Star Wars fan!

Where's it on? What time?

david75 wrote: »
    Where's it on? What time?

Sorry, can't say. I'll tell you afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Any chance you could leave the back door open and let a few of us sneak in :P

I'm a fire officer. May need to do an inspection. Ahem

• Advertisement

Amazing what you can find out with a few key words like press screenings Dublin December 2015 ðŸ˜

Advertisement