Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Max Von Sydow plays a character called Lor San Tekka

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Lor_San_Tekka

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Red King wrote: »
    Max Von Sydow plays a character called Lor San Tekka

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Lor_San_Tekka

Ah man. Use the spoiler tag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Was having a chat with someone at a party who used to review films. He said that with Savoys press screenings anyone could walk in off the street without being checked. Maybe try your luck there tomorrow morning. :P

Please god no
    11220831_726267674141078_908173685822040846_n.jpg?oh=84d4c019413c7659e49a7a1f4d488c27&oe=56D781EA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

"Meesa avenge you Ani"

• Advertisement

Storm troopers on the red carpet
    https://instagram.com/p/_SzRyMv7Nh/

I'm genuinely happy and excited for all the fans getting to see it tonight. I don't have half the affinity for the series as some do but even I'm getting second hand excitement. Hope it delivers for the long-time fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

2F62DB4C00000578-3360045-image-m-306_1450159942978.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

py2006 wrote: »
    2F62DB4C00000578-3360045-image-m-306_1450159942978.jpg

Hamill; "I wonder how much more he's getting paid than me?, I think I'll buy a Porsche to cheer myself up!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Feedback from LA has been overwhelmingly positive. There's a review embargo but it hasn't stopped people saying how much they loved it.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

david75 wrote: »
    Ah man. Use the spoiler tag

If you think that's a spoiler you should probably stay off the internet.

I mean, its even on the cast list on IMDb for Christ sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

I've tickets for this tomorrow . Do i need to have seen any of the other ones (the prequels/sequels/equel) ...will I be lost? (sorry, for not have seen any of them before).!!! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I usually despise red carpet photography, but that BB8 photograph..

I usually despise red carpet photography, but that BB8 photograph..

3500.jpg?w=700&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There's some decidedly more mixed reactions floating about, mainly from fans complaining about stuff being left unresolved and the story sticking too close to the previous films. It seems the nostalgia factor looms large, at least in terms of the plot, and not perhaps in ways that will be satisfying to die-hards. Hardly a huge surprise after the trailers and what we know about the bust-up between Lucas and Disney over the direction of the story. For better or worse, it seems Abrams and co decided this film would be about making up for the prequels while still being accessible to non-fans.. Everyone seems fairly delighted with the new actors, though even Devin Faraci (I know) praised the characters despite thinking the story was a "sh*tty" rehash.

Anyway I think we can rest easy that it's a good movie. Should go down well with critics and general viewers, but like Star Trek will probably prove divisive among the fanbase, especially those who have spent the last 2 years reading spoilers and piecing the plot together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

marcus2000 wrote: »
    I've tickets for this tomorrow . Do i need to have seen any of the other ones (the prequels/sequels/equel) ...will I be lost? (sorry, for not have seen any of them before).!!! :)

the lore has been so embedded in popular culture for nearly 4 decades, you are probably somewhat familiar with the situation.

I imagine there will be sufficient exposition at the start aswell

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Call it a hunch, but something tells me this thread might get just a teeny bit larger over the next couple of weeks. Whatever about spoilers, no doubt shots will be fired :D

And seems like whatever the franchise, you can always find a sufficient amount of breathless Tweets to drum up the hype even further.

I'm cryin like a baby.

Just out of the press screening.

Lads. It's everythin we want and more.

Won't post anything. Just goin home now

• Advertisement

Most of the press corps is prohibited from reviewing the movie (even on Twitter) until after 12:01am very early Wednesday, but I’m not sure that applies to trades like Variety. Keep your eyes peeled for the first notices from film critics tomorrow.
    Source

Think it might be time to try avoid all levels of media for the next 2 days! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Reviews will be out on Friday ?

I'm cryin like a baby.

Just out of the press screening.

Lads. It's everythin we want and more.

Won't post anything. Just goin home now
    Knowing how (rightly so) critical you were over The Hobbit movies this is good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Reviews will be out on Friday ?

Tomorrow morning at 8:01

nailed it :)

e_e wrote: »
    Knowing how (rightly so) critical you were over The Hobbit movies this is good to see.

Wanted to LOVE the Hobbit films..LOTR being so important to me, but Star Wars is more impotant.

They nailed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Just got out of a screening. I'm not going to post anything but an initial reaction until the embargo is lifted tomorrow morning.

But look away now if you don't even want to see a reaction.

Last chance

Very good with minor quibbles. New cast are great. Sets things up nicely. Needs another viewing.

doubledown wrote: »
    Just got out of a screening. I'm not going to post anything but an initial reaction until the embargo is lifted tomorrow morning.

But look away now if you don't even want to see a reaction.

Last chance

Very good with minor quibbles. New cast are great. Sets things up nicely. Needs another viewing.

id agree DD..tiny tiny quibbles almost of no matter for me..thanks for the headsup on the press screening..did some sleuth work and got in..

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

id agree DD..tiny tiny quibbles almost of no matter for me..thanks for the headsup on the press screening..did some sleuth work and got in..

Great! Delighted for you. It was freezing in there!

• Advertisement

i didnt notice tbh, too busy squeeeeeing like a baby the whole time :)

Advertisement