Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

watching this in the cinema is going to be a nightmare with the likes of this and the https://twitter.com/AodhanORiordain/status/677215133383450624 and the 12A cert (nephews coming over for xmas so will proabably go)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

https://twitter.com/brenuyb/status/677237342206369792

Oh my god, regret not being quick enough to get tickets for there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Off to the midnight screening. Enjoy folks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 126 ✭✭Whyohwhy?

Just got me ticket in santry a couple of hours ago, very surprised it wasn't sold out (2d, 3d might be jammer though) a lot of seats left up front.

All reviews have been positive that I've seen(obviously didn't read a spoiler one, in fairness a Google search didn't throw up any that were, thank God, I was mighty tempted to find one)

Brother is giving me stick for going on me Toblerone but I don't give a fcuk, need to see this asap, rather than reading sh¡te on the Internet... Gonna be a long hour and a half!

Anyone got experience of imc's "galatic" the screens?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Is Yoda's ghost in it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

So happy for you all:)

Can't wait to see your reactions :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Whyohwhy? wrote: »
    Just got me ticket in santry a couple of hours ago, very surprised it wasn't sold out (2d, 3d might be jammer though) a lot of seats left up front.

All reviews have been positive that I've seen(obviously didn't read a spoiler one, in fairness a Google search didn't throw up any that were, thank God, I was mighty tempted to find one)

Brother is giving me stick for going on me Toblerone but I don't give a fcuk, need to see this asap, rather than reading sh¡te on the Internet... Gonna be a long hour and a half!

Anyone got experience of imc's "galatic" the screens?

Goin on your own is the best way:)
    Galactic 1 in the savoy is pretty great

Have a brilliant time. Hope you love it:)

I have to say I'm getting very giddy right now! 20 minutes left.... Enjoy it folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Whelp, that's me not reading this thread until I see it tomorrow morning. Enjoy all!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

watching this in the cinema is going to be a nightmare with teh likes of this and the https://twitter.com/AodhanORiordain/status/677215133383450624 12A cert (nephews coming over for xmas so will proabably go)

And Twats like him on twatter at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Wow. Just.... Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Incredible . Simply.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

So Jealous, not getting to see it till Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Star Wars is back!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

Twas very good. Pays homage to the original trilogy quite a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 60,668 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wow....

Thank you JJ for bringing the real Star Wars back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Good not great.

Looks amazing tho.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

No words now. Just feels. All the feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Withrax wrote: »
    Pays homage to the original trilogy quite a bit

That's a nice way of saying it.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

This 43 year old man walked into the cinema tonight and I left feeling like I was 12. Sat in car and wept. So happy. Thank you JJ.

Good film, proper stars wars feel about it. Just left feeling a little underwhelmed. But with the massive hype it's a little hard to live up to it fully I suppose. No one will be disappointed though.

Daisy ridley is great. Driver pretty good too. Boyega not terribly bad, but nothing stand out. Hamill was fantastic...

If Disney continues in this vein, we'll be alright.

Now, off to the thread where I can really discuss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Whyohwhy? wrote: »

Now, off to the thread where I can really discuss it!

Is there a spoiler thread somewhere?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Is there a spoiler thread somewhere?

In the star wars section, yes but doesn't seem to be anyone posting as of yet.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Went to the IMAX showing in Rathmines. Decent but not great.

I really liked Adam Driver in this. Pretty much any scene he was in was great, particularly once his lightsaber came out. Although
    it was stretching credulity to see him struggle with Finn and then get beaten by Rey in duels. I mean, has he not had any training at all?

Ridley and Boyega were good too. The personal stories worked well for the most part.

The main plot was **** though. They had massive scope to come up with all sorts of different ideas, and the best they could do was
    basically a rehash of Star Wars and ROTJ.
    . Some of the expanded universe novels came up with far, far better.

Also, I'm starting to think that maybe it's an Abrams thing, but he makes the universe feel so small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i'm a massive fan
    saw 4+5 back to back on release and have been hooked ever since
    i have all the original toys and most of the ships
    its good guys
    better then jedi good

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

Yeah as others have said "wow".. Will definitely require another one or two viewings to soak it all in..i know it's decent when I'm driving home pretending my 00 ford focus is an x wing and the other cars on the motorway are tie fighters.. Roll on rogue one..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Massive fan of the originals, but initial thought is that there is something lacking to elevate it beyond 'decently entertaining'.
    A lot to like, but there is awful lot not to as well, all wrapped up is somewhat predictable story which lacks 'freshness'.
    Don't want to sound too down on it, as there is much worse out there. When it gets going, it gets you going all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

McDermotX wrote: »
    Massive fan of the originals, but initial thought is that there is something lacking to elevate it beyond 'decently entertaining'.
    A lot to like, but there is awful lot not to as well, all wrapped up is somewhat predictable story which lacks 'freshness'.
    Don't want to sound too down on it, as there is much worse out there. When it gets going, it gets you going all the same.
    its a reeboot but not
    but its good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

Not into the use of old catchphrases and story ideas to please die hard fans. Some questionable acting in the lighthearted scenes from the two leads, bordering on cringey. A bit of craic is how I'd sum it up.

Advertisement