Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

You hated it. Too bad. Thanks for the MJ reference. That was funny.

There's a kill bill reference in it too. Surprised nobody caught it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Kylo Ren is probably poor (crap is too harsh) with a lightsaber because he probably hasn't had anyone to train or spar with since he destroyed the Jedi. Supreme Leader Snoke doesn't look fit enough to be giving dueling lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

SarahBM wrote: »
    Kylo Ren is probably poor (crap is too harsh) with a lightsaber because he probably hasn't had anyone to train or spar with since he destroyed the Jedi. Supreme Leader Snoke doesn't look fit enough to be giving dueling lessons.

That makes perfect sense but yoda could barely walk and look what Lucas had him doing in episode 2. I hope you are right about Snoke. They really ruined Yoda with all that flippity flopping around. :(

I wasnt blown away by TFA but it was still much better than the prequels. I'm glad Lucas sold the rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

As the creator of some of the most interesting character Dooku,Grievous Maul and Windu believe Lucas should have been at the table when TFA kicked off production
    There is a soul missing from this new movie that only he could have provided

George Lucas should have been around the production table when they started TFA
    He created spectacular characters through all the movies Windu ,Maul,Dooku etc
    His prequels were flawed to some degree but he was starting from scratch. He had to create all new Star Wars from what he started 25 years before . A very hard task
    He made the mistake w Binks and the squeaky voices droids and the saga was too long but overall they were very good.
    Abrahms had it on a plate. All the members of the SW saga ready made to develop further or destroy
    He had A huge array of characters ,weapons planets ,to chose from and to develop and dropped the ball

Maybe despite him selling off the rights Disney may see the wisdom of having him involved at least as creative consultant for the next movie after all he has a colossal amount of their shares as part of their deal.
    He believes in them. They should do the same .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Was in Tesco earlier. I see they have a fairly nice Tie Fighter. Its 67 Euro though.......hmmmmm

Saw a Lego millennium falcon that I would love to have gotten for my godson for Xmas (making me the coolest godmother ever!) But it was well over €100!!! Lego is sooooooo expensive !!! Especially branded stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

George Lucas should have been around the production table when they started TFA

After bemoaning the character of Kylo Ren as a let down who lacked soul, you're going to hold those three up as paragons of character development? Windu spent three movies doing nothing but stroking his chin, Maul looked cool but was as underdeveloped a character as one could find, whilst Dooku was bland with contrite dialogue who only survived on the strength of the actor portraying him. George Lucas shouldn't be allowed serve as a caterer on the new trilogy let alone have any place in the writer's room.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,185 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

None of those people have a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭tony stark

Hahaha Mace Windu and General Grevious had soul! I'm p****** myself with laughter. You have to be trolling?!? Please indulge me with examples of this 'soul'

• Advertisement

I was yawning at his previous post now I'm laughing at that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bilbot79

david75 wrote: »
    You've missed the point of Kylo completely.
    If he was just another bad guy in a mask it would justifiably called a boring retread/Vader II

The point was we see a conflicted character and a Villian in the making, desperately wants to be bad but he just isn't so has conflict.

A much more interesting proposition than just another bad guy.

Kylo Ren strikes me as an early form of darth Vader. It's a rare look inside a developing dark lord who isn't quite there yet. I loved the battle between Ren and Rey, wounded vs untrained, neither at their most powerful.

I thought this movie was a masterpiece. Just saw it the second time tonight and it was even better!

This is really really cool. Give it a watch. Watch Obi Wan's eyes

The truth. From a certain point of view
    http://youtu.be/hN74bOubUug

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Kylo Ren strikes me as an early form of darth Vader. It's a rare look inside a developing dark lord who isn't quite there yet. I loved the battle between Ren and Rey, wounded vs untrained, neither at their most powerful.

I thought this movie was a masterpiece. Just saw it the second time tonight and it was even better!

I've been 9 times in the cinema. And cannot wait for the DVD.

I've been 9 times in the cinema. And cannot wait for the DVD.

Wow!!! That's must have been expensive!!!!
    I think I might go again this week if I have time

tony stark wrote: »
    Hahaha Mace Windu and General Grevious had soul! I'm p****** myself with laughter. You have to be trolling?!? Please indulge me with examples of this 'soul'

If you knew anything about Star Wars you would know how important and influential these characters were and would have known more about them rather than what you saw in the film.

It's good to laugh .Im laughing myself

After bemoaning the character of Kylo Ren as a let down who lacked soul, you're going to hold those three up as paragons of character development? Windu spent three movies doing nothing but stroking his chin, Maul looked cool but was as underdeveloped a character as one could find, whilst Dooku was bland with contrite dialogue who only survived on the strength of the actor portraying him. George Lucas shouldn't be allowed serve as a caterer on the new trilogy let alone have any place in the writer's room.

By stroking his chin Windu dispatched Jango Fett and almost did the same to Palpatine as one of the most powerful Jedi masters

Cardboard character if ever there was one in the series .

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Did he really say this?

abrams.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

This is really really cool. Give it a watch. Watch Obi Wan's eyes

The truth. From a certain point of view

Quoted to embed. Worth watching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That is a brilliant video - the part where Luke asks how his father died sends shivers down my spine, edited to perfection. The Leftovers soundtrack works excellently with it.

This is a great read. Especially if you like Star Wars at all. Looks like we're gonna be getting new films for a long time.
    http://www.wired.com/2015/11/building-the-star-wars-universe/

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

That is a brilliant video - the part where Luke asks how his father died sends shivers down my spine, edited to perfection. The Leftovers soundtrack works excellently with it.

Gotta love The Leftovers :D

Anyway im off to the Savoy 1 later to watch TFA

It will be the Forth time for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Cardboard character if ever there was one in the series .

I'm glad we're in agreement ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

This is a great read. Especially if you like Star Wars at all. Looks like we're gonna be getting new films for a long time.
    http://www.wired.com/2015/11/building-the-star-wars-universe/

Part of me hopes that Disney will start making animated Star Wars films maybe based on the old EU a bit like how Warner brothers puts out animated DC films

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Did he really say this?

abrams.jpg

He was talking about the Emmy awards apparently. He says this before the quote

"We wrote these characters but when we went to cast it, one of the things I had felt, having been to the Emmys a couple times — you look around that room and you see the whitest ****ing room"

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-7-racially-diverse/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

SarahBM wrote: »
    Saw a Lego millennium falcon that I would love to have gotten for my godson for Xmas (making me the coolest godmother ever!) But it was well over €100!!! Lego is sooooooo expensive !!! Especially branded stuff!

There was one that came out in about 2001 that I would love to get. I might have got the year wrong there, but god it looks great. Its not lego but it looks perfect. I will put my paw out and admit that I have a feckin' beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful tie bomber that I bought at the local markets 2 years ago. It was 25 Euro and I was really strapped for cash at the time. However, it is feckin' beautiful:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭doc_17

Can't understand why they decided to do that. For what One of them was offering it would have been easy to do it to the other one.

Downloading the people VS George Lucas..

wonder what it's about...

(i'm told it's a must-see)

• Advertisement

Downloading the people VS George Lucas..

wonder what it's about...

(i'm told it's a must-see)

Really recommend this. Well worth a watch no matter where you stand

Advertisement