Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

• Registered Users Posts: 33,595 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Here's hoping she has more to do and actually gets involved in some of the action. Absolutely no point to her character in TFA.

Penn wrote: »
    Here's hoping she has more to do and actually gets involved in some of the action. Absolutely no point to her character in TFA.

Felt entirely like an opportunity to sell another action figure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I still think Fiin should have fought Phasma with the lightsabre instead of some random stormtrooper. I can't think of any narrative reason why it was a random stormtrooper and not her.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,185 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

What? So they just walked off and left her?

Bloody stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Tony EH wrote: »
    What? So they just walked off and left her?

Bloody stupid.

Not necessarily at all. They may well have left her in the trash compactor as they suggested but she escaped. Very plausible considering how Luke, Han, Leia and Chewie escaped in A New Hope.

Try to remember this is Star Wars. Anything is possible. You'll enjoy the films much more if you allow your imagination to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Wasn't she always to be in it?

I've no need to "remember" that I'm watching Star Wars. I've been watching since I was 4.

It's still bloody stupid.

Should be about April...

Blu-Ray-e1452437860696.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Phasma was confirmed to be in VIII before TFA was released? Hate regurgitated stories.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I still think Fiin should have fought Phasma with the lightsabre instead of some random stormtrooper. I can't think of any narrative reason why it was a random stormtrooper and not her.

I firmly believe her lack of stage time was done on purpose to try make her more mysterious and force a new Boba Fett type character for the new film. Didnt work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Episode 8 now has been pushed back to December 2017 :(

51e585f262d4ab9c33417ee74143a8209bea20ed324ccbbc84e7b4f265604851.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

faceman wrote: »
    I firmly believe her lack of stage time was done on purpose to try make her more mysterious and force a new Boba Fett type character for the new film. Didnt work though.

not when she just lowered the shields so easily! they really messed her character up with that scene.

She's just a crap character full stop.

Eye catching armour for the trailer and toy sales. Nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Went to see it for the third time yesterday in IMAX 3D.

It does stand up to repeated viewing, just like the first one. I just love the scene after the destruction of Maz's pub when the stormtroopers get word of "Rebel's incoming".

The X-wings moving over the lake and the dogfight are just amazing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, Phasma turned out to be nothing more than this trilogy's Boba Fett: both being completely throwaway characters, each bolstered by striking designs (though the new film managed also to waste Gwendoline Christie). Both even suffered an ignominious parting from events in their films.

Unless there's more in store for the character, and that wouldn't be hard really, it's difficult not to think of her presence as a purely marketing driven one; another stormtrooper variant for Cosplay & the merchandise.

Many people said it before and I'll reiterate; She should have been the one to fight Finn with the spinny-stick thing. She could have been fighting Finn, winning, but then had to retreat with Kylo Ren. Then I wouldn't have even cared if it was her who was forced to lower the shields later, at least she'd have actually done something in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Penn wrote: »
    Many people said it before and I'll reiterate; She should have been the one to fight Finn with the spinny-stick thing. She could have been fighting Finn, winning, but then had to retreat with Kylo Ren. Then I wouldn't have even cared if it was her who was forced to lower the shields later, at least she'd have actually done something in the film.

I don't think the character would leave the fight without finishing him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

With just a little character development they could get around that. Just a couple of scenes showing her to be of the obedient soldier type and an order from Kylo to retreat would supersede her desire to finish off Finn.

They could have even gone as far as showing some reluctance to leave and Finn looking relieved to see her retreat along with the rest of The First Order.

She hasn't got a character though. She's just a fancy suit.

For all we know, she could be a sniviling coward under all that shiny armour.

• Advertisement

As JustShon said, either have Kylo order her away from the fight, or Han and Chewie start firing at her allowing Finn to escape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Two years seems like a real long time to wait for the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Any idea when this is out on DVD?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Any idea when this is out on DVD?

Start of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,629 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I'm being a bit lazy here for not scrolling back through the posts. Is there any mention of Finn being related to Lando Calrission in the film info released by Disney?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

aloyisious wrote: »
    I'm being a bit lazy here for not scrolling back through the posts. Is there any mention of Finn being related to Lando Calrission in the film info released by Disney?

I read something too before the film's release that one of the toy ranges had Finn's surname as Calrission

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

aloyisious wrote: »

It was discussed a while back alright.

Personally, I don't think this will be the case. It'd be too on the nose. He's black, therefore he MUST be related to the only other prominent black character in the series. There's no need or reason for him to be related to Lando.

Not everything and everyone needs to have some big tie to the OT. Next, we'll find out BB-8 is the lovechild of C-3PO and R2-D2.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Start of April.

Surprised it's not May 4th for marketing purposes alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bacchus wrote: »
    It was discussed a while back alright.

Personally, I don't think this will be the case. It'd be too on the nose. He's black, therefore he MUST be related to the only other prominent black character in the series. There's no need or reason for him to be related to Lando.

Not everything and everyone needs to have some big tie to the OT. Next, we'll find out BB-8 is the lovechild of C-3PO and R2-D2.

Not quite....

tumblr_nxc4g0ikyi1u5s5spo1_1280.jpg

• Advertisement

Advertisement