Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

According to Amazon the DVD is single disc, so probably no extras. Maybe the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭rednik

Info from the Disney store on the bonus material included on the DVD.

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/star-wars-the-force-awakens-dvd/mp/96350/1000205/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Can't wait to buy it now. Also, I just thought I would share something that I discovered recently. I bought Close Encounters of the Third Kind a few weeks ago, and when I was watching the making of documentary they were discussing how to make the ship more interesting. So they put a little R2D2 on the bottom of the ship:-):-):-). After watching it all these years, I'm only discovering this now. I'm delighted:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Excellent Q&A with Mark Hamill at Oxford University. He goes off in tangents with various anecdotes but well worth listening too.

Excellent question at 30:29 ;)

.....and what he says at 35:18 was funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Can't wait to buy it now. Also, I just thought I would share something that I discovered recently. I bought Close Encounters of the Third Kind a few weeks ago, and when I was watching the making of documentary they were discussing how to make the ship more interesting. So they put a little R2D2 on the bottom of the ship:-):-):-). After watching it all these years, I'm only discovering this now. I'm delighted:-)

Similarly, theres a batmobile under one of the X-wings in TFA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

So who else is going to play the 20th century fox fanfare before watching it at home and try to time it perfectly with the Lucasfilm logo?? I know I will! :pac:

Roar wrote: »
    So who else is going to play the 20th century fox fanfare before watching it at home and try to time it perfectly with the Lucasfilm logo?? I know I will! :pac:

Nope, on your own there. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I did miss the fox fanfare but I do appreciate the way it's just the Lucas film logo and into it. No Disney castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,182 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Yeh, to me the fanfare was always the "lead in" to the Star Wars theme. :(

Not the same without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Tony EH wrote: »
    Yeh, to me the fanfare was always the "lead in" to the Star Wars theme. :(

Not the same without it.

As a kid, I saw Star Wars so many times at the cinema that I used to expect the Star Wars theme to follow the 20th Century Fox fanfare every time I heard the fanfare for years afterwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

It's annoying the states get blu ray 2 weeks before us.

Can't find any info on region coding except one website stating Disney release likely to be region free.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭SteM

Roar wrote: »

I'm learning to play it on the trumpet at the moment. The neighbours are not impressed.

Got the download this morning from iTunes. Watching the making of doco now. It's brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Is the digital release only on iTunes today?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It's annoying the states get blu ray 2 weeks before us.

Can't find any info on region coding except one website stating Disney release likely to be region free.

Any thoughts?

Apparently according to a thread on AVForums the American/Canadian release is region free, think they took that from the box artwork where it lists Region A/B/C

V9 wrote: »
    Is the digital release only on iTunes today?

Yeah it's on iTunes.

Apparently according to a thread on AVForums the American/Canadian release is region free, think they took that from the box artwork where it lists Region A/B/C

Thanks, just ordered on amazon.ca so should get by Friday week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thanks, just ordered on amazon.ca so should get by Friday week

Did you check out the thread on AVForums? What made you go Canadian over the US version?

This was the first 'blockbuster' i've enjoyed for ages. Super Hero movies have turned me off watching anything big in recent years I can't get to the end once they start fighting in the sky, so much so I haven't bothered to see anything CGI in the cinema since I can remember. But I can ride along with the CGI for this and transport to where the movie is going. Great pace, brilliant production, serious depth in the visuals, and enjoyable story, and good to have Harrison Ford hold it together on the acting front, Rey was also very good. Couldn't piece together the giant sith overlord and where he came from, maybe I missed an episode lol, but overall top notch stuff!

This was the first 'blockbuster' i've enjoyed for ages. Super Hero movies have turned me off watching anything big in recent years I can't get to the end once they start fighting in the sky, so much so I haven't bothered to see anything CGI in the cinema since I can remember. But I can ride along with the CGI for this and transport to where the movie is going. Great pace, brilliant production, serious depth in the visuals, and enjoyable story, and good to have Harrison Ford hold it together on the acting front, Rey was also very good. Couldn't piece together the giant sith overlord and where he came from, maybe I missed an episode lol, but overall top notch stuff!

Ford shines here. Like he hasn't in a film in years. It's Han again. He nailed it :)
    And Daisy Ridley as Rey..man, that's her first film ever. What a find. She's perfect in balance of vulnerability and tougher stuff when it's called for. Love her.

• Advertisement

Did you check out the thread on AVForums? What made you go Canadian over the US version?

Don't care About which version just wanted it ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Interesting... Ewan's response to the question about talks with Kathleen is interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭rednik

Review confirms US version is multi region, (ABC)

http://www.avsforum.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-blu-ray-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Falthyron wrote: »
    Interesting... Ewan's response to the question about talks with Kathleen is interesting...

When asked directly about it he looks away, twice. A big tell. The smirk he gives indicates he has been in talks about a story.

I like the sound of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,796 ✭✭✭✭bilston

weemcd wrote: »
    When asked directly about it he looks away, twice. A big tell. The smirk he gives indicates he has been in talks about a story.

I like the sound of it.

Yeah, it's interesting he says later on he hasn't had any talks with anyone about the trilogy (idea being Obi Wn could back as a Force Ghost) but I would wager he has spoken to someone about a spin off alright.

That period between 3 and 4 has so much potential and needs to be explored!!!! This is why I'm as excited by Rogue One as I was by TFA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ooh, I'd like that. I'm a big fan of Ewan, & always feel so bad for him that his big Star Wars opportunity were those wooden prequels. It'd be great to see him back as Obi wan, in between 3 & 4, with a good script & a director that isn't Lucas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I hope its true about McGregor, he sounds a bit funny tho in that interview ??

All the people cast for big roles in these films, even if they don't get cast, are contractually bound to not talk about it.

He's clearly been in talks his reaction is a dead give away more than once. Hopefully it's for an Obi Wan spin off story. Or even a series of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

david75 wrote: »
    Hopefully it's for an Obi Wan spin off story. Or even a series of them.

A spin off story where, in the post Jedi universe, he meets a girl and they have a daughter who they have to leave behind on a desert planet because the empire are hunting him....

Advertisement