Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Oh cool. The collider Jedi council force awakens commentary is up. These are fun. You cue up your player and watch it with them. The others were great fun. This will be awesome.
    http://youtu.be/8-ZSld-m5VA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Received blu ray today from amazon.ca

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Received blu ray today from amazon.ca

That was fast how is it? Is it featured packed?

That was fast how is it? Is it featured packed?

Haven't opened yet will tomorrow, I imagine video and audio will be amazing but other than the feature length documentary the extras look a little light.

Barest minimum extras. There'll no doubt be recurring versions down the road with a bit more included in each successive one.

But no commentary from Abrams and Kasdan is a total loss. Bizarre they didn't do one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

david75 wrote: »
    Barest minimum extras. There'll no doubt be recurring versions down the road with a bit more included in each successive one.

But no commentary from Abrams and Kasdan is a total loss. Bizarre they didn't do one.

Is the Chewie arm rip scene on it?

No.

The only deleted scene included that really should have been in the film and added weight to the death scene, is Kylo on the Falcon and him in the cockpit. Would have brought so much to the death of Han and filled out their relationship and gave more weight to him dying at the hands of his own son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Ah ok. Theres a few more deleted scenes on you tube. Snow speeder one was good. No arm scene though

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What is the date it'll be available in shops over here on bluray? Getting different results when I search,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

.ak wrote: »
    What is the date it'll be available in shops over here on bluray? Getting different results when I search,

April 18th according to Amazon, although there is a chance we might see it released next Friday here!

• Advertisement

Watched extras they're pretty useless tbh, obviously holding back for later releases.

The main documentary is lazy and just a fluff piece for example no mention of Harrison fords accident.

The beginning from ep1 was what I'd hoped for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

and when will it be available for rental??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Watched extras they're pretty useless tbh, obviously holding back for later releases.

The main documentary is lazy and just a fluff piece for example no mention of Harrison fords accident.

The beginning from ep1 was what I'd hoped for.

Yup. Far too much talking head stuff and not enough behind the scenes stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

.ak wrote: »

It's out Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭jones

Out tomorrow in HMV but amazon etc all have the 18th as release day so thats monday. I had it preordered with amazon but cancelled it as i wont get it until next week from them. i'll pick it up in HMV over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

fryup wrote: »
    and when will it be available for rental??

April 1995 :-)

I see they've explained why C3P0 has a red arm in the comics. Given they say this stuff is now cannon I have to call shenanigans on it. He had his gold arm back in the end of the film when waving off Rey and Chewie so this explanation, though it might make a good read, doesn't really tie in right if he wears the red arm in tribute.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

jones wrote: »
    Out tomorrow in HMV but amazon etc all have the 18th as release day so thats monday. I had it preordered with amazon but cancelled it as i wont get it until next week from them. i'll pick it up in HMV over the weekend

UK release is Monday, which is why you are seeing it for monday, Irish release is friday. US release was two weeks ago.

have a US target exlcusive Blu-ray version on it's way back to me

I'm disappointed that the Blu Ray doesn't show the IMAX shot footage in the film, ala The Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises Blu Rays. Has anyone seen anything to say why they didn't include the full footage?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm disappointed that the Blu Ray doesn't show the IMAX shot footage in the film, ala The Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises Blu Rays. Has anyone seen anything to say why they didn't include the full footage?

I'm glad. Watching The Dark Knight Rises is a pain in the hole with the constant switching between 16:9 and IMAX. It can be incredibly jarring if it's done too often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,181 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Yeh, I hate that shit too. Shoot the bloody whole thing in IMAX or don't.

Stupid gimmick. :rolleyes:

I actually ripped my Blu onto a HDD and lept the aspect ratio to 2.35:1 for the entire film with Handbrake.

IMAX adds nothing.

Was on a plane home yesterday and someone beside me was watching it on their iPhone.

Such a shame. Can't imagine a worse way to experience it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Was on a plane home yesterday and someone beside me was watching it on their iPhone.

Such a shame. Can't imagine a worse way to experience it.

If it wasn't their first time watching it then it's not so much of a problem.

Yeah the experience is severely hampered by the tiny screen but if they're just re-watching to pass the time on a flight and they've seen it before on a non-phone medium then I say have at.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

aye. i did several years of asia travel, japan, korea china at least once a month, often twice. if i didn't watch movies and tv shows on my phone i'd never have gotten to see them. i'd have kept something like TFA for home, but would have re-watched on the phone no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Watched this again last night on Bluray, I still love it, but a few things about it are bugging me now, the main thing is Oscar Isaac.

I know ye love him here, but I think he is brutal in it. His delivery of every line is cringe-worthy.

Its very hard to watch the scene with him and Finn meeting again, "You keep my Jacket, you're a good man Finn". I think thats the best example of how bad he is in it in my opinion. Its a pity cause he is great in other films, not knocking his ability at all.

Like John Boyega gets a bit of flak for Finn being too comical of a character & Rey gets knocked for being great at everything, But Poe is way too Goodie Goodie in a kind of All American kind of way and he too is ridiculously good at everything and gets no flak.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Its very hard to watch the scene with him and Finn meeting again, "You keep my Jacket, you're a good man Finn". I think thats the best example of how bad he is in it in my opinion. Its a pity cause he is great in other films, not knocking his ability at all.

I agree about the jacket line. One simple change to that line could have made Poe a much better character:

"You can keep the jacket. I stole it off someone else anyway."

I didn't think it was that bad a line. They just need to establish these two as buddies cos I've a feeling their going to be our Han and Luke on from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I didn't think it was that bad a line. They just need to establish these two as buddies cos I've a feeling their going to be our Han and Luke on from here.

Its the delivery of the line and really all of Poes lines that bugs me but that one is particularly cringe-worthy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Its the delivery of the line and really all of Poes lines that bugs me but that one is particularly cringe-worthy.

I'm not sure it's the delivery to be honest, I just don't think that his lines are good full stop.

He's probably the weakest character in the film, and the reports that he was meant to die in the opening sequence suggest to me that he was also a character that had his script written on the back of a napkin an hour before shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,181 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Watched this again last night on Bluray, I still love it, but a few things about it are bugging me now, the main thing is Oscar Isaac.

I know ye love him here, but I think he is brutal in it. His delivery of every line is cringe-worthy.

Like John Boyega gets a bit of flak for Finn being too comical of a character & Rey gets knocked for being great at everything, But Poe is way too Goodie Goodie in a kind of All American kind of way and he too is ridiculously good at everything and gets no flak.

The dumbass "comic" lines Finn says are more cringworthy than anything Poe utters TBH. I seen the film a number of times and he's just a real letdown. A completely unconvicning character. Seriously, this clown has been a stormtrooper for the last 20 odd years? Really?

Personally, I'd have switched their roles. Have Issac play the conflicted stormtrooper and Boyega play the hotshot pilot.

That would have helped the picture greatly.

Advertisement