Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

doubledown wrote: »

Fecking Quicktime. Not a chance Apple, not a chance. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Z8hbhna.gif

The person who post it on reddit will have the highest upvote of all time for the movie subreddit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

NO I do not want to install QuickTime!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

FCUK yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

That lightsaber is f*cking moronic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

ohhhhhhhh my GOD !!!!!!

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    That lightsaber is f*cking moronic

Haters gonna hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

cool lightsaber

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

love the football robot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,185 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Liamario wrote: »
    Orangutonne you mean. Sorry :-(

I'll get your coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

X-Wings along the water looked class :D
    The falcon aswell. Nice to see the old girl holding up!

When you think about it, it really shouldn't have taken the galaxy 5000 years to come up with a crossguard on their lightsabers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

That looks the bizniz! Loooove the new stormtrooper helmet.

My jaw still needs to be closed, the biggest smile across my face. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Its a cross innit. A crusader. Gonna wipeout all them jedi!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

So yea waiting a year is going to suck donkeys

Gbear wrote: »
    When you think about it, it really shouldn't have taken the galaxy 5000 years to come up with a crossguard on their lightsabers.

I think the idea is the Sith usually come up with unique lightsabre editions to give them an edge in battle. We've seen it a million times through the expanded universe, so it's very fitting. I think basically the jedi always use a lightsabre in it's purest form etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Looks like Han finally replaced the satellite dish on the Falcon. Wonder can he get Sky now?

Looks good overall. Was concerned with the shaky-cam on the stormtroopers, but then the X-Wings didn't have it so.... Maybe it's not as shaky/krazy cam as I had feared.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Man, after episodes 1 to 3 this is gonna be so retar.....

meme.jpg

• Advertisement

Who was the guy at the start? One of the main characters?

That shot of the MF was epic, so too was the X-Wings skimming along the water. It looks like they've nailed the visuals in this - bye bye cartoony CGI, hello beautiful "real world" look and feel.

That saber btw is class, love the sound effect too. If you're gonna hate on the little side-sabers at the handle, just look through history at swords, they are often embellished at the hilt. No reason why a Sith lord would add a bit of intimidation to his saber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Looks class! Love that shot of the Falcon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

The Falcon looks amazing, this is going to be at the very least a visual spectacle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Most surprising thing? No shots of the old cast: I half-expected a few fleeting glances of them for the sake of it.

Hey, I'm in. The prequels are a stain upon the art of cinema itself, but it's hard not to get a wee bit excited about a new Star wars film :D

.ak wrote: »
    I think the idea is the Sith usually come up with unique lightsabre editions to give them an edge in battle. We've seen it a million times through the expanded universe, so it's very fitting. I think basically the jedi always use a lightsabre in it's purest form etc.

Jedi:
    "I have the Force, I don't need your fancy lightsabers!"

*Frantic lightsaber fighting*

"Or thumbs!"

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

The X Wings over water look amazing.

First reaction to the lightsaber was a Darth Vader style Nooooo, but, as noted, in the context of the universe Sith having odd lightsabers makes sense.

The Falcon looks cool but not sure what to make of the camera chasing it like that, very Abram's Star Trek.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When the music kicked in and you see the Falcon.....

The X Wings over water look amazing.

First reaction to the lightsaber was a Darth Vader style Nooooo, but, as noted, in the context of the universe Sith having odd lightsabers makes sense.

The Falcon looks cool but not sure what to make of the camera chasing it like that, very Abram's Star Trek.

Whilst they will be very different movies if it's anything like his Star Trek it'll be good. I mean, they did get him so he could put his own stamp on it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    When the music kicked in and you see the Falcon.....

I haven't seen it with sound yet as I'm in work, looking forward to seeing it again when I get home now...

• Advertisement

Looks class! Love that shot of the Falcon :D

The shoot the X wings skimming over the lake at dawn is very real worldish and I love that

Advertisement