Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

safetyboy wrote: »
    tumblr_nfr9dzq7ok1rk2xpdo1_500.gif

Maybe I'm weird and pulling thin air here, but that shot and the backdrop reminds me of those water speed challenges/ world breaking records they used to do on a certain lake Scotland in the early 20th century. I love the dogfighting WW2 vibes I'm getting (which was broadely influenced the OT and Lucas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

molloyjh wrote: »
    That clip is quite simply awesome.

The brief shots of the stormtroopers were pretty cool too.

It's gonna be interesting to see a Stormtrooper humanised.

That shot of Boyega startled the **** out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Delighted with the teaser, I'm about as excited as a 35 year old man can be.

Does anyone know if the ominous music from the first half is new music from John Williams or taken from one of the previous scores?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭fitz

Reaction while watching:

original.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Looks amazing, apart from that lightsabre, surely if you used that as a crossguard your opponents lightsabre would just lop them off seeing as the hardware bit at the bottom sticks out before it becomes the glowing lightsabre material? Thats nit-picking though, it really does look incredible.

Thats me done now until its released, no more spoilers, unsubscribing from this thread after the next trailer is released, not reading Reddit or Empire or anything about it until after I see it, avoiding looking at the toys and games aswell (please let them release a couple of awesome games for this).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

fitz wrote: »
    Reaction while watching:

original.gif

Me:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Goolay wrote: »

Does anyone know if the ominous music from the first half is new music from John Williams or taken from one of the previous scores?

It kinda reminds me a bit of the Minority Report music during the spider/bath scene... (about 1:00 in)

It's not the same obviously but similar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

does anyone see what whoevers holding the lightsaber is reacting to?

and the lightsaber noise at the very very end...thats gotta mean something..relating to Lukes being 'found' maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

kid in desert land on speeder, storm troopers, a bad man dress in black, a big ship, did it have to be exactly the same as the first movies?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

david75 wrote: »
    does anyone see what whoevers holding the lightsaber is reacting to?

and the lightsaber noise at the very very end...thats gotta mean something..relating to Lukes being 'found' maybe?

Or maybe the lightsaber (and what the Sith is looking for) is whatever is meant to be awakening... The Emperor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Totally. The force is awakened, we see the Sith but only hear Luke. Great tease TBF.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

kid in desert land on speeder, storm troopers, a bad man dress in black, a big ship, did it have to be exactly the same as the first movies?

So you want a star wars film with no sith (or is it sith in different coloured clothes?), storm troopers or spaceships that has no scenes taking place on the planet Tatooine?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So you want a star wars film with no sith (or is it sith in different coloured clothes?), storm troopers or spaceships that has no scenes taking place on the planet Tatooine?
    I wanna see something i havn't seen before or I could just watch the previous movies

so the new cross guard on the lightsaber is so people hands don't get chopped off

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I wanna see something i havn't seen before or I could just watch the previous movies

It's a teaser trailer with less than a minutes footage from the film. I think you might want to reign in your expectations.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's just a teaser trailer though? Plus the setting,military uniforms and the colour of a character' s robes don't mean the story won't bring anything new to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Yes this is going to be the exact same as the previous movies, we can already tell from the 90 second teaser.... \sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just so we're clear the prequel trilogy was a dream right ?

Just so we're clear the prequel trilogy was a dream right ?

No...a nightmare,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

so the new cross guard on the lightsaber is so people hands don't get chopped off
    But they would get chopped off, that's why its a bad design, the opponents lightsabre would go straight through the 2 sticking out bits.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭fitz

If the film delivers on the promise of that trailer, we'll all be like:

1237362987_borat_dancing_with_his_fellow_karakstanians.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Goolay wrote: »

Every note in the 88 second teaser was recorded specifically for the trailer earlier this month.

He still has it!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No...a nightmare,

Thats what i meant but i didn't want to say ....to invoke memories.....:eek:

it doesnt look like a lightsaber...doesnt have the right sound at startup and the heat flare off it..and the two crossbar bits...look like welders flare....probably a wannabe sith/jedi has made his version of one

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

it doesnt look like a lightsaber...doesnt have the right sound at startup and the heat flare off it..and the two crossbar bits...look like welders flare....probably a wannabe sith/jedi has made his version of one

I definitely think that's the angle they're going for. I know Sabres are all "home made" but I think any sith would probably have very little to go on, so any sabre would be very primitive.

I also think the guards are more offensive rather than defensive. Imagine locking Sabres and then pushing them into the other persons face/chest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Trailer looks good everything except that football with a head robot

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Amazing! Can't wait!

I see alot of people are split on the Lightsabre .....It is in Star Wars lore already though so its not made up by Abrahams or anything , My own 2 cents i think it looks cool , the one good thing about the newer films was the newer lightsabres like Mauls one

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crossguard_lightsaber

• Advertisement

see? looks more like flame than light
    B3ib4hqCUAEyqgV.jpg

Advertisement