Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

So long as Abrams doesn't go back to Star Trek he can do whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

kPo6Luivc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.... does that potentially make him HIS former roommate? Or at the very least, his cousin's roommate?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My mother's sister's daughter's boyfriend's roommate's colleague's cousin's colleague's roommate's boyfriend's daughter's sister's mother says she's looking forward to seeing the film, and also 'how did you get this number?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

My mother's sister's daughter's boyfriend's roommate's colleague's cousin's colleague's roommate's boyfriend's daughter's sister's mother says she's looking forward to seeing the film, and also 'how did you get this number?'

Do you mind doing that in spider chart format? I just can't picture it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    First thing that I thought of here was Ewoks.

I'll leave this for anyone still confident about their Ewok contentions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Im obsessed with the Millennium Falcon..but i simply cannot justify spending €1100 euro on this(even if it is over a year)..i can get an ultra exact replica of the Falcon from fine molds for €300..is anyone else getting this one though? http://www.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

david75 wrote: »
    Im obsessed with the Millennium Falcon..but i simply cannot justify spending €1100 euro on this(even if it is over a year)..i can get an ultra exact replica of the Falcon from fine molds for €300..is anyone else getting this one though? http://www.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/

Separate thread about the old girl right here!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057353388

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I didn't realise JJ is only directing one movie. That's kinda disappointing tbh. I can see the three movies being very separate now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

.ak wrote: »
    I didn't realise JJ is only directing one movie. That's kinda disappointing tbh. I can see the three movies being very separate now.

Director of Episode 8 is on writing duties for Episode 9. I suppose if he behaves himself, Disney will have him direct aswell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The original trilogy had 3 different directors too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

faceman wrote: »
    The original trilogy had 3 different directors too.

Yeah I know that, but they're 3 pretty different flicks. Everyone picks out their favourite pretty easily. Like, I love the OT but could you imagine if Irvin Kershner directed all 3 movies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Yeah I know that, but they're 3 pretty different flicks. Everyone picks out their favourite pretty easily. Like, I love the OT but could you imagine if Irvin Kershner directed all 3 movies?

It would be a lot better than if Lucas had directed all 3 movies. :pac:

I think a different director for each of the OT worked well. I've no problem with JJ only doing ep 7 and 2 other directors doing 8 and 9, as long as they get decent directors and not someone like McG.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well Rian Johnson is a good choice for Episode VIII. Only problem I have with that is he's probably too good for the franchise :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

Well, rumour has it that Rian Johnson (Looper) is in for VIII....and I also read that Katheryn Bigelow (Zero Dark Thirty, Hurt Locker, PointBreak) was under consideration for IX, if all true that's bringing some serious directorial firepower to the table. I would friggen love it!

Now don't tell me you still want Abrams doing the whole trilogy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I'd rather they have 3 different styles like the originals.

Each one could possibly be better than the last, imagine that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Holsten wrote: »
    I'd rather they have 3 different styles like the originals.

Each one could possibly be better than the last, imagine that!

There is no reason why each of these films can't be as good as ESB.
    The long and detailed spoiler reports from reddit from the sets were the new cast were "real actors" and a real cold war storyline and not the occasional hammy acting from the 70's and 80's.

I hope the films are culturally resonant in that they travel globally and everybody will remember them for the right reasons 10-20 years down the line.
    Do Joesph Campbell proud with regards to myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

any news about a second teaser trailer??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

fryup wrote: »
    any news about a second teaser trailer??

Its supposed to be out in May, if so no question what date we can expect it to air and leak.

• Advertisement

‘Star Wars’ Standalone Film Eyeing Rooney Mara and Tatiana Maslany for Leading Role

Read More: Gareth Edwards' 'Star Wars' Spinoff Tests Leading Ladies | http://screencrush.com/star-wars-standalone-rooney-mara-tatiana-maslany/?trackback=tsmclip
    http://screencrush.com/star-wars-standalone-rooney-mara-tatiana-maslany/
    B71wqGkCUAAdvfg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

david75 wrote: »
    ‘Star Wars’ Standalone Film Eyeing Rooney Mara and Tatiana Maslany for Leading Role

Read More: Gareth Edwards' 'Star Wars' Spinoff Tests Leading Ladies | http://screencrush.com/star-wars-standalone-rooney-mara-tatiana-maslany/?trackback=tsmclip
    http://screencrush.com/star-wars-standalone-rooney-mara-tatiana-maslany/
    B71wqGkCUAAdvfg.jpg

Is this the rumoured "how the Rebels stole the Death Star plans" movie just prior to Episode IV?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Adamantium wrote: »
    Is this the rumoured "how the Rebels stole the Death Star plans" movie just prior to Episode IV?

I hope not. I'm hoping if there are spin offs they focus on the the future and not the past. We're kinda done with filling in backstory because we all know how it ends anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

faceman wrote: »
    I hope not. I'm hoping if there are spin offs they focus on the the future and not the past. We're kinda done with filling in backstory because we all know how it ends anyway.

Many Bothans died to bring us this information....There, I ruined the spin off ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Rumors starting that Toy Story 4 is going to feature Star Wars toys and original cast members are being lined up to voice them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,185 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

That won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Tony EH wrote: »
    That won't work.

It could if it was some sort of commentary on how the toy industry has evolved to expertly sell nostalgia to man-children. Do we want to see Andy as some 40 Year Old Virgin type? Could actually be interesting, but there isn't a hope that'd happen. Would love it someone had the balls to pitch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Tony EH wrote: »
    That won't work.
    Yeah it will only make billions upon billions for all involved not bajillions upon bajillions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

To be fair, that sounds amazing.

• Advertisement

I think something that might get us all excited is if Disney were to open a Star Wars Theme Park.

Advertisement