Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

faceman wrote: »
    I think something that might get us all excited is if Disney were to open a Star Wars Theme Park.

Not a theme park, but there is plans for a Star Wars land within Disney's Hollywood Studios. Honestly, it's a no brainer for a park in deep trouble and should have been fast tracked and built at a pace Universal did for Harry Potter. But this is Iger's Disney... where CAPEX on the parks is the lowest it's been in 20 something years and basic maintenance on what they have seems beyond them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

faceman wrote: »
    I think something that might get us all excited is if Disney were to open a Star Wars Theme Park.

Yup, it will be built inside a large space station in high Earth orbit.

"That's no moon..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Rumors starting that Toy Story 4 is going to feature Star Wars toys and original cast members are being lined up to voice them.

Have you a source for that? I can't see anything about it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Chris Weitz has been hired to replace Gary Whitta as writer for the first standalone film

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43266

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I think using the word 'replace' is a little misleading. It is not uncommon for someone to hire someone to write a first draft and then pass on the script. People are talking like Whitta was fired without any supporting facts, or even rumours for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Liamario wrote: »
    I think using the word 'replace' is a little misleading. It is not uncommon for someone to hire someone to write a first draft and then pass on the script. People are talking like Whitta was fired without any supporting facts, or even rumours for that matter.

I get the impression there are people out there who, while not openly wanting the new Star Wars films to fail, are bringing a lot of kneejerk, dismissive cynicism that shenanigans are afoot simply because Disney are now involved. Even in this thread there has been tattle over JJ Abrams decision not to direct Episodes VIII and IX simply on the basis of presumption

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Would so watch this. :D Made in the mid 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

I read a massive spoiler the other day on io9 and I mean massive. I have no intention of sharing it but if anything I'm even more excited about ep-vii.

I read a massive spoiler the other day on io9 and I mean massive. I have no intention of sharing it but if anything I'm even more excited about ep-vii.

How about linking to the spoiler or be quiet about it. Let people decide themselves if they want to be spoiled or not.

• Advertisement

How about linking to the spoiler or be quiet about it. Let people decide themselves if they want to be spoiled or not.

This is not the reply I was looking for.
    I've no intention of sharing.
    Io9
    mtfbwy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

i want the spoiler too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Post it here with spoiler tags ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Can't drop that bombshell and then say nothing.

If it was posted here, I'd read it.

Hopefully I haven't dug myself a hole.
    Luke has turned to the dark side

ah jayziz...old news...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The hype was strong with this one... :(

You'll post the spoiler (which is months old and probably nonsense), but not a link to it.

Yeah, I knew I talked it up. I usually avoid spoilers but this one caught me by surprise. I must say I was pretty pissed about it at first, can't wait now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• Advertisement

im still wondering how a hand and a lightsaber could survive entry into orbit to be 'found'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

david75 wrote: »
    im still wondering how a hand and a lightsaber could survive entry into orbit to be 'found'

bc6d7ab6ae930cd5c1c9134cbf66849a.jpg

It makes no logical sense for
    Luke to turn to the dark side. He has already been tested and he passed. Current rumours suggest that he is guarding a sith tomb and has spent some time in the company of dark forces as a result.
    So at best, not all is as it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You should probably put spoilers on that whole sentence, including the first part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

It makes no logical sense for Luke to turn to the dark side. He has already been tested and he passed. Current rumours suggest that
    he is guarding a sith tomb and has spent some time in the company of dark forces as a result.
    So at best, not all is as it seems.

There is a piece of amazing concept art going around a few months ago, and there is a young woman
    confronting a man on what seems like a throne on high steps in an ancient tomb
    It leaked along with 20 or so other photos.

Honestly I know he probably won't go to there, but it would be anything but safe and the trilogy has always being touted as more ambiguous/blurred lines/philosophical in its themes.
    It wouldn't surprise if the trilogy ended up being the Rebels and Empire
    combining forces and their cold war ending as a result of against a large
    outside 3rd party, eventually forming a New Republic.

Synode wrote: »
    You should probably put spoilers on that whole sentence, including the first part

Apologies for that.

Here's where I came across my nugget of information. It's in the comments section( not to far down). Reading back now I can see I made a big deal for nothing but at the time I was gobsmacked.

http://io9.com/disney-takes-action-against-a-possible-star-wars-vii-le-1683436351

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

david75 wrote: »

I'm still wondering how it could have fell upwards, we saw it fall down towards Bespin. So good luck finding that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I'm still wondering how it could have fell upwards, we saw it fall down towards Bespin. So good luck finding that.

Did I miss something in the thread, what's the gig with Luke's hand, what reference was made to it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Did I miss something in the thread, what's the gig with Luke's hand, what reference was made to it?

There's a persistent rumour about the plot for Episode VII that it'll
    revolve around the severed hand Luke lost during his fight with Vader in Empire Strikes Back; that somehow it'll be the McGuffin around which events take place.
    There's no confirmation afaik this is anything other than tattle, but it's a rumour that has stuck around for a while

Advertisement