Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

That major rumour is something I thought was going to happen way back when the original cast were announced. I think I mentioned on here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

py2006 wrote: »
    That major rumour is something I thought was going to happen way back when the original cast were announced. I think I mentioned on here before.

Is it still a spoiler if most people expected it once the cast was announced ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Wedwood wrote: »
    Is it still a spoiler if most people expected it once the cast was announced ?

It's a spoiler if it's confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

One major rumour regarding Luke that surfaced this weekend doesn't sound credible at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

One major rumour regarding Luke that surfaced this weekend doesn't sound credible at all.

You mean the one stating he only appears at the end of the film? I found that one the most unlikely of all Luke rumors, particularly given how long he spent at Pinewood Studios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Myself and my better half decided we'd start from 1-6 over the weekend and this week just for the heck of it.

Phantom Menance and Attack of the clones down so far. Still don't get the "hate" they get. Have the same problems I always had with them, Anakin's casting, Jar Jar binks being totally pointless, bit of rubbish dialogue here and there, but still plenty of enjoyable stuff. Revenge of the sith most likely tonight before moving onto the next three.

Which I'll probably have to watch by myself. Girlfriend can't watch 4-6 seriously anymore after the Family Guy take on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

TheDoc wrote: »
    Myself and my better half decided we'd start from 1-6 over the weekend and this week just for the heck of it.

Phantom Menance and Attack of the clones down so far. Still don't get the "hate" they get. Have the same problems I always had with them, Anakin's casting, Jar Jar binks being totally pointless, bit of rubbish dialogue here and there, but still plenty of enjoyable stuff. Revenge of the sith most likely tonight before moving onto the next three.

Which I'll probably have to watch by myself. Girlfriend can't watch 4-6 seriously anymore after the Family Guy take on them.

Did you not notice how the entire plot of the Phantom Menace literally makes no sense?

Thought the acting in the second one was particularly awful - the chummy interactions between Ewan McGregor and the guy that played Anakin were pretty wooden and cringe inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

keane2097 wrote: »
    Did you not notice how the entire plot of the Phantom Menace literally makes no sense?

Thought the acting in the second one was particularly awful - the chummy interactions between Ewan McGregor and the guy that played Anakin were pretty wooden and cringe inducing.

Yeah the acting between Anakin and Obi wan is horrendous. I actually enjoy McGregor in them, but everything about the guy who plays Anakin is just terrible.

The whole thing between him and Padme is utterly insufferable and makes not one iota of sense, but then again I take this films are trying to set Star Wars into the new generation of kids and teens, so I get it from that point of view. Where as we joked last night it went very quickly from " Skywalker is a bit of a pervy creep, no means no " to " ow look a secret wedding".

Not sure I follow you on Phantom Menace making no sense. Unless someone is going to make me out a right idiot, on my first viewing in the cinema, and even last night, I've always taken that film being Palpatine manipulating the Trade Federations blockade and then invasion, to further his elevation in the Senate, as the first step in his elaborate plot to take control of the Republic and turn it into an Empire.

Unless you mean some specific parts and nitty gritty stuff, I probably overlook it. I don't freak out at the prequals, the overarcing story of the prophet and Palpatines plan, along with the action scenes are enough to forgive it's obvious flaws.

Had a dream last night about the new Star Wars movies. The Force Awakens opened with Han, Chewie, Luke & Doc Brown travelling back in time in the Millennium Falcon (it had a flux capacitor as a new mod) and arriving on Naboo around the time of the prequels. They met Jar Jar and Chewie pulled his arms off for reasons I'm not quite sure of. They met Padme too and Han kept hitting on her just to annoy Luke, saying things like "You're Mom is pretty hot farmboy, if I wasn't already with your sister I might have a chance, from a princess to the queen eh?"

Also Doc Brown found a way to disable the entire Trade Federation Army.

I woke up laughing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

what did you eat before you went to sleep lol

• Advertisement

Goats Cheese :D

I think what woke me laughing was the realisation that Doc Brown was so preoccupied with the robots he didn't realise he was in another universe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

Had a dream last night :D
    Cool dream, I had a one once too.
    I was looking through tinted googles, slaying all the minions before me with my lightsabre as I spouted nonsense about kneeling to the power of the Empire and dark side. Yeah, good times, that was an event day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Had a dream last night about the new Star Wars movies. The Force Awakens opened with Han, Chewie, Luke & Doc Brown travelling back in time in the Millennium Falcon (it had a flux capacitor as a new mod) and arriving on Naboo around the time of the prequels. They met Jar Jar and Chewie pulled his arms off for reasons I'm not quite sure of. They met Padme too and Han kept hitting on her just to annoy Luke, saying things like "You're Mom is pretty hot farmboy, if I wasn't already with your sister I might have a chance, from a princess to the queen eh?"

Also Doc Brown found a way to disable the entire Trade Federation Army.

I woke up laughing :D

Really? You can't think of any reasons?

FunLover18 wrote: »

I can think of plenty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

FunLover18 wrote: »

I think it's pretty clear to everyone what the reason is:
    Jar Jar beat Chewie in a game of Holochess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

I think it's pretty clear to everyone what the reason is:
    Jar Jar beat Chewie in a game of Holochess

They had an argument over who was the best Star Trek captain, and Jar Jar picked "duchess" Archer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Someone made this great gif for Star Wars reddit.

f9tfY1u.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Very nicely done, but a pity those aren't the new split-engines and pointier noses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Trying to avoid any spoilers here. I'm still angry at the Daily Mirror for giving away how Anakin became Darth Vader and ended up all half machine :)

Any word on a new trailer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Harrison ford has been critically injured in a plane crash.

Cmon Han ole buddy don't let me down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I hope thats misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I hope thats misinformation.

He crashed a plane near LA onto a golf course.

The only specifics I've read are they he had non life threatening injuries and walked out of the wreck with some bad gashes and maybe a few broken bones, but the headlines are saying he's in a critical condition, so it's hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

He was flying Solo at the time.

CHEWIE!!

Not surprised he crashed.
    He's only a wookie pilot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

david75 wrote: »
    He was flying Solo at the time.

CHEWIE!!

Even if Chewie were present he would still be Solo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Abrams' Falcon was "borrowed" by Ford and he crashed it onto a golf course.

Some friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,185 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

OAPs shouldn't allowed to fly.

Especially when they're about to appear in next Star Wars film.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

God damn it I could handle the double-ended light sabre wielded by Darth Maul but this new one with the pointless little side blades is just stupid and unnecessary. I skeptical about the whole project now! I'm not the only one apparently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Adamantium wrote: »
    Someone made this great gif for Star Wars reddit.

f9tfY1u.gif

Maybe they knew what the name of the first stand alone film will be :)

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-one-is-the-first-star-wars-stand-alone-film-rian-johnson-to-write-and-direct-star-wars-episode-viii?linkId=12857863

Advertisement