Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Valmont wrote: »
    God damn it I could handle the double-ended light sabre wielded by Darth Maul but this new one with the pointless little side blades is just stupid and unnecessary. I skeptical about the whole project now! I'm not the only one apparently!

People said the same thing about Maul's saber.

It's kind of idiotic to attribute practical feasability to a weightless laser sword in the first place. If they were real they'd all be lethal to the user.

I always subscribed to the notion that it took a Jedi, with their force awareness, to wield them safely. And we don't yet know how the new saber will work seen as the movie isn't out yet. And to write off the whole project based on this is nonsense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bizarre they took this long to confirm Johnson, considering I'm pretty sure even he admitted it months ago :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

This is exactly how the Force Awakens media tour is going to go down

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

New trailer this week if the rumours are to be believed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

April 16th I think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Breathe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Great idea for a channel.

This sounds so much like him. Even the phrasing. It's uncanny. And the laugh/chuckle! Lucas is always good humoured in commentaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Someone has compiled a list of characters who will appear in the new Star Wars movie.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/04/star-wars-the-force-awakens-complete-character-list/

Interesting to see a 'Young Luke Skywalker (Flashback)'. I really hope a new trailer will be shown in the coming days... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

According to thedigitalbits:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/041615_0010
    Don’t forget, the first full trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens will be unveiled today [April 16th] between 10-11 AM Pacific time at Star Wars Celebration, and you can watch the official webcast here on Star Wars.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So 10-11 AM Pacific time, that's afternoon time here aint it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    So 10-11 AM Pacific time, that's afternoon time here aint it?

6-7 Irish time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

6-7 Irish time.

The Star wars celebration thing is being simulcast in Dundrum this evening.
    So the new trailer should be part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

py2006 wrote: »
    <snip>

Have this on in the background, the music is making want to watch all three films again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Have to admit, the practical BB-8 is very impressive, I can imagine a fair few toys of that being sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

CatInABox wrote: »
    Have to admit, the practical BB-8 is very impressive, I can imagine a fair few toys of that being sold.

Agreed, looked cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Loving the new stormtrooper look too.

Really wish they would show the trailer already

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I didn't realise what a mutant peter Mahew is.

He looks like some sort of giant bear-man next to the others.

Looks good. Fears of this being a total mess are continuing to recede.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Press conference was a bit unnecessary, but second teaser is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Wow :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

amazing that new bad guy looks ****ing awesome

It's not a Star Wars trilogy until one ship flies inside a bigger ship.

EDIT: Decided to spoiler it, just in case people are holding off on watching it. Not much spoiler material in there to be honest, at least in my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

I think I'll have to watch that a million times!
    YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

When I saw Han and Chewie I didn't realise I have that many hairs on the back of my neck! Fantastic stuff. Not sure that I want to see much more than that but it's going to be so hard not to watch the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

Han and Chewie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I didn't realise I have that many hairs on the back of my neck! Fantastic stuff.

I was like that, the music just resonates with me. Hearing Luke speak was a major goosebump moment :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

is the implication that the girl
    thats being handed the lightsaber related to Luke (Leia's kid)?

Cause I'm getting a fair whiff of herring from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

2d7x5lc.jpg

Advertisement