Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Reading too much into it, it's just reordered dialogue from ROTJ.

Sounds newly recorded to me, but hey, you could be right.

BTW. After a few watches now and am totally buzzing, what a quality teaser.

Can't wait for December. :D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That excellent opening shot is what the series needs. Considered, controlled camera pan that isn't in a rush to cut to the next effects shot, allowing the scale and image to make their impact in good time. There's something to be said for a return to a sort of majesty of SFX, allowing the audience to soak in the sights instead of indulging in ADD editing. The opening shot of A New Hope is probably the most iconic example of that.

I'm under no illusions that's going to representative of the entire film (although a blockbuster with Sven Nykvist esque long shots would be novel :pac:), but a few slower, grander moments like that will do a lot of heavy lifting amidst the inevitable pyrotechnics. And based on that brief glimpse of the hanger (?) fight, at least this promises more physically involved action than anything in the prequel series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

bilston wrote: »
    Noticed that too!

YES ! another thing ... I'll put spoiler tags in but no need really ..
    he HAS ?? present tense - I guess Annakin will be in the film so but in spirit form - I wonder will it be Hayden Christenson (sp) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

45 checking in

Squealed like a little girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I dont think the guy is reading to much into it... Its obvious that Vader will play a part given the focus on his feckin mask! The 'my father has it' is very considered. Fascinating.

I think the girl is Han and Leia's daughter. Luke doesnt sound like he's in a good place... I think Han, Leia and the daughter will seek to help him out and he'll come good. Fascinating!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

CCuwC0jUUAAu-6g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

46 and still a big kid counting down the days. If the movie is as good as the trailer suggests then were in for something really special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Well holy ****ing ****balls

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

south-park-randy-masturbation.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Me for the next 8 months.

south_park_Go_God_Go_cartman_meme.jpg

• Advertisement

hehe .. well JJ Abrams did a fantastic job on the Star Trek 2009 film.

So we can be very positive here - but just to be sure Damon Lindehoff is not involved I hope ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think I might need to develop a 'no reaction memes' web filter to see me through trailer three :p

I got a shiver down my spine with the opening and a tear in my eye with the end!

Now I really hope that those rumours are not true ...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Birneybau wrote: »
    35, 36 and 37.

Who's next? :D

47 :)

It looked amazing. That was a proper trailer, I'm sick of seeing trailers that give away half the film, but that had plenty of nice visuals without revealing anything really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Reading too much into it, it's just reordered dialogue from ROTJ.

Cheapskates...

Oh and I wonder what hair die Chewie is using, he hasn't aged a day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭buried

Looks incredible. Even from the 2 minute trailer it really looks to have the same sort of back to basics type vibe of episodes IV & V. Really exited to see this now, I love summer but I hope it goes away quick

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Where the hell is Jar Jar?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,868 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Where the hell is JarJar?

I think that's the big reveal that they're saving for the third trailer. Lots more exciting visuals, fights, exciting dialogue, then a la chewie and Han, he'll poke his head into the shot and shout "WESA IN DE HOME!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

How wude!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Not going to get hyped
    I've never seen the first 3

• Advertisement

Note: Jar Jar died on his way back to Naboo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

OK that was impressive...

- loved the opening shot of the downed Star Destroyer.. I was like "hey, an X-Wing! That looks pretty cool....oh!!!"
    - Vader's helmet looked great but I'm not reading into the dialogue as anything more than recycled from ROTJ
    - I'm going with the obvious and assuming that's Luke with R2, Leia being handed the saber
    - Love the new storm trooper armour
    - Han and Chewie.. to be honest, I wasn't that pushed really. Ford might as well be a completely different actor at his age. I felt the blatant fan service kinda let down the rest of the trailer as well (sorry!)
    but I'm gonna take from the dialogue that they're pulling the Falcon out of mothballs in that scene

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Note: Jar Jar died on his way back to Naboo

Ah the classic Poochie ending eh? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

faceman wrote: »
    Oh I'm weirded out. That bit with Han made me cringe. Got flashbacks of Indy 4. Other than that though I liked the look of it.

Actually that's exactly how I felt too. Weirdly ford doesn't fit in with it at all... Hopefully just a weird trailer thing.

Anyway... This guy.

345545.jpg

And these boys...

345546.jpg

:eek:

The design is just so, so good.

How sweet are those inverted tie fighters?

That black armour for the stormtrooper? :cool:

I love the real JJ shots, like the wide far pan to zoom on the falcon. Loved it in Star Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

.ak wrote: »
    And these boys...

345546.jpg

:eek:

The design is just so, so good.

How sweet are those inverted tie fighters?

That black armour for the stormtrooper? :cool:

I love the real JJ shots, like the wide far pan to zoom on the falcon. Loved it in Star Trek.

Great now I've just seen :3 on their faces

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

fng5fFZ.jpg?1

Must have been some battle to have both a crashed Star Destroyer and a crashed upside down Super Star Destroyer close to one another.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some sort of elite Stormtrooper shown as well. Working for the Sith looking dude maybe?

Either way, that was an excellent teaser/trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

CatInABox wrote: »
    fng5fFZ.jpg?1

Must have been some battle to have both a crashed Star Destroyer and a crashed upside down Super Star Destroyer close to one another.
    Am I completely wide of the mark in thinking they could have crash landed after the battle at the end of Jedi? Would that even be geographically correct? Either way my mind is blown by the trailer, ridiculously excited for December 18th now.

Advertisement