Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think he meant that in the "F**k Yeah!" sense.

Nah, it really was the 'spoiler' angle. I cant help myself coming into this thread but I hate myself for it too.

Probably will know all the characters and plot elements by the bloody release!

It's so far away and so much time to spoil :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭bnt

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Probably will know all the characters and plot elements by the bloody release!
    Dude, we're talking about Star Wars here. If there's a plot twist of the order of
    "Luke, I am your Father"
    , you can bet it will be kept well-hidden. This ain't The Usual Suspects. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Aaaaaah! Feck ya!

You need to un-follow this thread if your that sensitive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

I read the book "How Star Wars Conquered the Universe" on the recommendation of another poster, and I'd strongly recommend it too. It's a fantastic read on the history of the whole franchise. Amazon link below. Required reading.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Star-Wars-Conquered-Universe-ebook/dp/B00JZBA9ME

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

couldnt agree more,great book.theres stuff in that book that im almost certain the most dedicated fan wouldnt know about.the drafts of the first star wars script were fascinating,cant help but feel that george lucas got more than his share of luck in how the film turned out.

one other thing i was struck by was that david prowse gave an interview to some magazine in i think 78 that he was lukes father.cant remember if it was a wild guess or if he had inside information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ok this may be spoiler-ish for some so I am linking to the youtube clip rather then embedding it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMFhWXp_WAI

py2006 wrote: »
    Ok this may be spoiler-ish for some so I am linking to the youtube clip rather then embedding it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMFhWXp_WAI

Video removed

• Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

tigger123 wrote: »
    I read the book "How Star Wars Conquered the Universe" on the recommendation of another poster, and I'd strongly recommend it too. It's a fantastic read on the history of the whole franchise. Amazon link below. Required reading.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Star-Wars-Conquered-Universe-ebook/dp/B00JZBA9ME
    ronoc 1 wrote: »
    couldnt agree more,great book.theres stuff in that book that im almost certain the most dedicated fan wouldnt know about.the drafts of the first star wars script were fascinating,cant help but feel that george lucas got more than his share of luck in how the film turned out.

one other thing i was struck by was that david prowse gave an interview to some magazine in i think 78 that he was lukes father.cant remember if it was a wild guess or if he had inside information.
    Yeah, I really enjoyed it even as a fairly casual fan of the series. Gave my copy to a die-hard star wars fan and he's finding loads of things out in it that he hadn't known before.

• Advertisement

Again, kinda spoilery

http://www.theforce.net/photo.asp?image=http://www.theforce.net/2015/newluke.jpg

Looks like a shot taken on skellig michael

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

It's a trap!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Again, kinda spoilery

http://www.theforce.net/photo.asp?image=http://www.theforce.net/2015/newluke.jpg

Looks like a shot taken on skellig michael
    He looks way better aged than Solo does.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Domhnall Gleeson looks a lot like a
    Tarkin in that screen grab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The spoilers are becoming to tempting now, I think it might be time to bail...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Very tempting to click and see what Domhnaill Gleeson's doing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Very tempting to click and see what Domhnaill Gleeson's doing!

To be fair, he's doing nothing. None of the pics posting so far tell us anything. I think we've become highly sensitised to what is perceived as spoiler information. But ultimately if someone wants to be spoiler free (and this is not directed at anyone at all!), then reading threads about the upcoming movie is not the place to be! :)

Rather cool morphing pic of Ford's ageing on the Vanity Fair cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I dont understand how this is spoilery?? And I hate spoilers

• Advertisement

thorbarry wrote: »
    I dont understand how this is spoilery?? And I hate spoilers

Some people don't wish to see costumes, characters actors play etc before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Some people don't wish to see costumes, characters actors play etc before release.

Jaysis, must be very hard to get to release day without seeing characters in costumes !! Sure they'd be all over bus stops and ads online

thorbarry wrote: »
    Jaysis, must be very hard to get to release day without seeing characters in costumes !! Sure they'd be all over bus stops and ads online

Ah yea, well in so far as is possible I meant to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Rather cool morphing pic of Ford's ageing on the Vanity Fair cover.
    1977 Han looks a bit like James Woods in that. And Chewy's definitely had 'work' done! :P

Something dawned on me today that makes me feel that these new sequels will probably do even more than the prequels did to highlight the Jedi are a bunch of incompetent, snake oil selling charlatans.

In the prequels they speak of the prophecy and how Vadar will bring balance to the force.

We saw how useless a force the Jedi were

The prophecy comes true anyway. Vadar has a son who acts as a catalyst for Vadar killing the Emperor in the OT.

Happy days.

But now in the new movies there is obviously going to be some new upset or threat coming from the Darkside. If the rumours about Skywalker are true, and it certainly looks that way, well I don't need to say more than that.

So in conclusion, the prequels and the non OT sequels will serve the theory even further that the Jedi are the most useless people in the history of anything.

:mad:

*sells all my Star Wars memorabilia*

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Well wasn't that the whole thing, that the Jedi weren't really the protectors of the realm they thought they were, they didn't really go into in depth but the fact there were so many jedi in the prequels kinda meant that the balance wasn't there, and they were complacent, ideals lost etc.

Also you should totally sell all your SW memorabilia if you can't spell Vader correctly!

nerd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

.ak wrote: »
    Well wasn't that the whole thing, that the Jedi weren't really the protectors of the realm they thought they were,

In the Prequels, sure, but who cares, Never Happened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Is there a seperate thread for Star Wars ; Rogue One?

seen a few bits n pieces about it and it almost seems a lot more exciting than Force Awakens

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

thank you

Advertisement