Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

py2006 wrote: »
    I'd love to get a private screening of this or a showing for just decent honest SW fans.

My last few cinema experiences have been ruined by teens/early 20s talking, messing, texting with no regard for those who want to sit down and enjoy the movie.

I find adults to be much worse than teenagers. Went to a few films during the Galway Film Fleadh over the past week and was shocked by how poorly behaved the audience was. During An Klondike last night there were numerous people who taking their phones out and spending a few minutes at a time browsing through them. Sat on the balcony I got to look down on a woman who spent a good 3 minutes reading through her facebook page.

During Older Than Ireland on Friday, two women were live tweeting the entire film and another was using her iPad to take photos of the screen. Throw in the numerous members of both audiences who have lively conversations and it makes even the worst Friday night multiplex audience look behaved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

tony stark wrote: »
    Good aul Gleeson Jnr referring to himself as British-"I'm British so I'm the bad guy". Ewwwhhh hopefully Chewie rips his arms off in the first scene!!!!!

Irrespective of Domhnhall Gleeson's confusion I've always wondered why the good guys were always played by Americans and the Baddies by Brits in past Star Wars films. You get the odd Brit being a good guy (Alex Guinness/Ewan McGregor being an obvious example) but off the top.of my head I can't think of a single baddie played by an American! No doubt someone will put me straight!

It will be interesting to hear what accents certain actors deploy in Ep 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Because when you can't get Germans, you get the British.

They're basically the same.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

british.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Good aul Gleeson Jnr referring to himself as British-"I'm British so I'm the bad guy". Ewwwhhh hopefully Chewie rips his arms off in the first scene!!!!!
    Pretty sure it was the character he was referring too :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

robdonn wrote: »
    Maybe someone with some cinema friends could arrange a boards screening. :P

I am trying to set something up with a local cinema to myself in there screen 1 which is very nice and has some great 7.1 audio.

Star Wars Marathon - all 6 previous films with a the special late night screening of The Force Awakens -

Refreshment breaks on close of each film
    Pizza break halfway through

all included in a one of price.

Location would be Ashbourne Showcase and only for Star Wars fans who can watch a film without hopping onto a mobile every two mins to tweet or FB the photo of popcorn etc...

PM me interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

BrookieD wrote: »

Yeah, he was talking about his character (who must have a British accent). He said "he's British", not "I'm British".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

BrookieD wrote: »

Of course, but never underestimate Twitter's ability to sh*t itself over the smallest of things ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

pixelburp wrote: »
    Of course, but never underestimate Twitter's ability to sh*t itself over the smallest of things ... :)

How do these things even start?? There wasn't even any doubt about what he said! I despair sometimes, I really do (said in my best Threepio accent).

Regarding the annoying twats who take their phones out to look at them when the film has started...I'd love to see cinemas require patrons to leave their phones at the door. It's probably not practical as people would kick up a fuss and anyway it probably infringes on their human rights or something but there are times when it seems like the only solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

py2006 wrote: »
    I'd love to get a private screening of this or a showing for just decent honest SW fans.

My last few cinema experiences have been ruined by teens/early 20s talking, messing, texting with no regard for those who want to sit down and enjoy the movie.

Go to a midnight showing of it. Only really the big SW fans will go to that.

Altho I went to one before, for EP III, and I have to say it was just as noisey... nerds talk a lot during the movie! Or whoop and shout when their favourite character comes on screen...

• Advertisement

How do these things even start?? There wasn't even any doubt about what he said! I despair sometimes, I really do (said in my best Threepio accent).

Regarding the annoying twats who take their phones out to look at them when the film has started...I'd love to see cinemas require patrons to leave their phones at the door. It's probably not practical as people would kick up a fuss and anyway it probably infringes on their human rights or something but there are times when it seems like the only solution.

Just ask them to leave.... Phone out = your out / We don't serve your kind here......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

.ak wrote: »
    Go to a midnight showing of it. Only really the big SW fans will go to that.

Altho I went to one before, for EP III, and I have to say it was just as noisey... nerds talk a lot during the movie! Or whoop and shout when their favourite character comes on screen...

What is this? America?

Well presumably he puts on a British accent in the movie, as per the norm for the Imperials.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is John Boyega going to be doing an American accent for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭tony stark

Apologies Mr Glesson didn't realise you were referring to your character. Must be the centenary celebrations getting me over patriotical!��

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Amy Schumer does her bit for Star Wars.

2A8D0D2000000578-0-image-a-37_1436968993362.jpg

2A8D0D0A00000578-3162377-What_would_Leia_think_The_34_year_old_comedian_is_seen_seductive-a-76_1436973978835.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

the new Lego sets look cool..

1342052506149993289.jpg
    1342052506337491785.jpg

feck i cant get the links to work..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Here you go good buddy :)

Spoiler Link 1
    Spoiler Link 2

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

david75 wrote: »
    1342052506149993289.jpg

1342052506337491785.jpg

There you go, I'm guessing you hit the spoiler button by accident.

No, i wanted to hide them incase people didnt wanna see em:)

no bother:)

WTF is the black x wing about though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

There should be spotlights that can direct at any seat in the cinema and the projectionist should be able to pause the movie and hit a button to turn on the spotlight of the specific seat of the kunt on their phone/making noise etc. and until they get the hint and put away their phone, meanwhile everyone else in the cinema would be staring at them, the movie remains paused. Once that happens once or twice any normal person would refrain from taking out their phone or making noise.

Seeing this kind of a thing in action would be fuking hilarious, I'd shake the managers' hand

Yeah but it'd disrupt the movie even more. :P

I've just learned to block out the background chatter... Unless someone is speaking at full volume, in which case I'd walk down to their seat and ask them to shut it.

What actually winds me up more is if someone I'm with tries to talk to me during a movie. I hate that. The missus is the worst for it, the usual 'What's going on now..?'

NO, Q&A is AFTER the movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

.ak wrote: »
    What actually winds me up more is if someone I'm with tries to talk to me during a movie. I hate that. The missus is the worst for it, the usual 'What's going on now..?'

NO, Q&A is AFTER the movie!

This is probably the reason why, sadly, I prefer watching movies alone.

"Who is that?"
    "Is that the killer?"
    "Why are they doing that?"

I am seeing this movie for the first time too!! I either also don't know what's happening because we're not supposed to, or I do know what's going on because I PAID ATTENTION TO THE F-ING MOVIE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

"The Force Awakens is scheduled for release on December 18, 2015 in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D,"

I thought lucas never wanted star wars to be in 3D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bowlardo wrote: »
    "The Force Awakens is scheduled for release on December 18, 2015 in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D,"

I thought lucas never wanted star wars to be in 3D

Not his call anymore.

Also, wasn't The Phantom Menace released in 3D a couple of years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah Lucas became a 3D convert supposedly. It’s Abrams who still hates it but doesn’t care as long as he doesn’t have to shoot or watch the film that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

...as long as he doesn’t have to shoot or watch the film that way.

But that's the bigger problem, it's going to be a 3D Convert. They never turn out well, even by 3D standards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

robdonn wrote: »
    But that's the bigger problem, it's going to be a 3D Convert. They never turn out well, even by 3D standards.

It’s been shot on 35mm and 70mm IMAX. It’ll look great. Far better than had it been shot in digital 3D.

Advertisement