Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Very Nuremburgish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Lol, fricking Instagram. Stormtroopers and Selfies, that should be a webisode of some sort

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I couldn't help note this line, "... the dark red script pages in Kasdan's hand, a security measure to prevent copying". How does that prevent copying? Kinda genuinely curious here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    I couldn't help note this line, "... the dark red script pages in Kasdan's hand, a security measure to prevent copying". How does that prevent copying? Kinda genuinely curious here!

Because of how dark the red is, if you photocopied it (on a black and white photocopier), the text will be indistinguishable from the background, as the background will print out almost completely black, meaning the whole page will essentially print out just black.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Penn wrote: »
    Because of how dark the red is, if you photocopied it (on a black and white photocopier), the text will be indistinguishable from the background, as the background will print out almost completely black, meaning the whole page will essentially print out just black.

My goodness, never mind the lack of CGI, even the security measures are old-school ;)

Have to say, those are pretty great shots & I'm presuming the one of the strange creature and its rider is a practical FX shot; it looks too ... there in the shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

pixelburp wrote:

Ever heard the phrase "caught red handed"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is that domhnall glesson ?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Really upping the Nazi quotient there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pretty sure it is but he does look remarkably different.

I think he stuck something up his hole to give him that expression. Method acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ricero wrote: »
    Is that domhnall glesson ?

it looks more like dan stevens then glesson but it must be him from the little bits weve heard about his character

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

sky88 wrote: »
    it looks more like dan stevens then glesson but it must be him from the little bits weve heard about his character

'Gleeson'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

sky88 wrote: »

Mr Stevens? Head of Catering?

Is he in this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Go to the 4.50 mark in the below clip, did JJ just reveal accidental that Dart Vader is in this movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

when is the next trailer due?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Next trailer not due until Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

A photo of Luke SkyWalker was leaked last night but has been removed from most sites by Disney. I found it online but could be removed anytime
    https://geekritiqued.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/img_6295.jpg?w=720

Lucas Film has asked most sites to take it down and they have accordingly.

Some may consider that image spoilery so it may have been best to link to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

py2006 wrote: »

For those curious, it's only a photo of Hamill in Jedi robes standing taking a promo photo. If you've just pictured that in your head, you have already seen the photo and may as well just click on the link :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Lucas Film has asked most sites to take it down and they have accordingly.

changed the image to a link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Bacchus wrote: »
    For those curious, it's only a photo of Hamill in Jedi robes standing taking a promo photo. If you've just pictured that in your head, you have already seen the photo and may as well just click on the link :p

You should put spoilers on this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Synode wrote: »
    You should put spoilers on this :pac:
    lol

This is the best image from the EW shot imo.

ep7-00000-1377-1378-001.jpg

Star Wars just does bad guys so well. I can't think of one poor character design from the franchise to be honest. Maul, Vader, Dooku, Ravan, Grevious, etc., etc.

Also confirms the X-Wings, or atleast Isaac's, are black.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

.ak wrote: »
    This is the best image from the EW shot imo.

ep7-00000-1377-1378-001.jpg

Star Wars just does bad guys so well. I can't think of one poor character design from the franchise to be honest. Maul, Vader, Dooku, Ravan, Grevious, etc., etc.

I can't get on board with that face mask at all. No great time for that lightsaber either.

I can't get on board with that face mask at all. No great time for that lightsaber either.

Yea, the lightsaber is like something George Lucas would do in a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

.ak wrote: »

Very true... the exception being the trade federation baddies and their droids from Phantom Menace. Maul was the real villain I suppose and they were more like puppets in a bigger plan but they still sucked.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Very true... the exception being the trade federation baddies and their droids from Phantom Menace. Maul was the real villain I suppose and they were more like puppets in a bigger plan but they still sucked.

Yeah I meant the villains rather than the 'bad guys'.

Although the droidekas were cool!

• Advertisement

Really? I think the mask is amazing. Just like the stormtrooper design it plays on the emotive form; an angry scowl featured upon a featureless face. It's very clever. All the Star Wars universe "bad guy" designs often feature very simplistic routes to define their stance in the universe. Take Darth Vader; a skull in a nazi helmet with a furrowed brow. It's so bloody simple but so effective.

The mask is essentially a direct rip off Darth Ravan's ... Although Ravan's would be considered less emotive, but both are very, very simple and very cool, but most importantly very in keeping with the sw universe.
    Yea, the lightsaber is like something George Lucas would do in a sequel.

Really? I just think the light sabre is cool. It's all jagged and flickering suggesting that it wasn't made properly because the maker didn't have the right training (that has been done before in the sw universe).

I don't really get the George Lucas reference. Is it because he introduced mauls double blade? Well aside from the fact different variations of lightsabres have been present in the sw universe well before the prequels were drummed up I thought it did a pretty good job.

Sith, or whatever this guy is, have a history of making sabre more ornate and dangerous. People are assuming their hand guards but they're more likely offering an extra point of attack, something else sticking out that can cause damage. The point is it's not supposed to be practical...

At the end of the day it just looks cool. He just looks like a proper dark, evil knight. Brief nailed.

Advertisement