Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Red King wrote: »
    Boyega might have a lightsaber but it doesn't mean he is going to be a Jedi ;)

I know Daisy Ridley has signed on for three movies, has Boyega done the same? You could be right though. Ever since Han in Empire Strikes Back, anyone can wield a lightsaber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Falthyron wrote: »
    Ever since Han in Empire Strikes Back, anyone can wield a lightsaber.

I don't think we can count slicing open an already-dead tauntaun as 'wielding'. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

robdonn wrote: »
    I don't think we can count slicing open an already-dead tauntaun as 'wielding'. :P

If that was me doing the slicing, I'd want the credit! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You've to be very careful with a lightsaber

handed-most-dangerous-weapon-in-galaxy-luke-meme.jpg

The way he's holding it suggests he has been trained imvho

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The face in Ben there is priceless.

"Oh dear, I may have made a terrible mistake...again."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

There is some leaked footage doing the rounds. It doesn't really reveal or spoil anything. An extra with a hidden camera behind other extras. You can't see much, but you can hear voices of two of the new characters.

Not sure if I should link to it or not but I am sure you will find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Found it.

Not worth watching.

Ain't getting those 2 mins back.

Slydice wrote: »
    Found it.

Not worth watching.

Ain't getting those 2 mins back.

Should be easy for them to pinpoint the extra who leaked the footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

py2006 wrote: »
    Should be easy for them to pinpoint the extra who leaked the footage.

I wouldnt be surprised if Abrams is throwing out a red herring

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Permission has been granted for the production to return to the Skelligs for pick ups

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0908/726378-star-wars/

• Advertisement

Roar wrote: »
    Permission has been granted for the production to return to the Skelligs for pick ups

As long as they're careful in how they do it, I see no problem with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Yup, agreed.

Also shows the care and attention to detail that's being put into the production. You'd imagine they could have easily shot these pick ups on a soundstage, but chose instead to return to the location, which isn't cheap and isn't easy. You have to commend the producers for it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

More filming on the skelligs for the Force awakens ?

That's leaving it pretty tight isn't it ?

or is this for episode 8 ?

I believe permission has been granted to allow for filming of Star Wars Episode IX, not pickups.

I just read that the soundtrack for The Force Awakens will be released on December 18th. Aren't soundtracks normally released before the movie? In the case of The Force Awakens soundtrack, the track listing has not been revealed either. I am going to guess that there is a piece called 'Han's Death' or something similar and they want to prevent spoilers until after the film has been released.

More filming on the skelligs for the Force awakens ?

That's leaving it pretty tight isn't it ?

or is this for episode 8 ?

As far as I can remember, when they were filming scenes for Ep. II in Tunisia they also filmed the scene where Obi-Wan gave baby Luke to the aunt and uncle for Ep. III.

Maybe they are trying to do something similar here? Or maybe the Irish government told them they can only film one more time so they are getting as many shots in as possible to cover themselves for future movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Falthyron wrote: »
    I just read that the soundtrack for The Force Awakens will be released on December 18th. Aren't soundtracks normally released before the movie? In the case of The Force Awakens soundtrack, the track listing has not been revealed either. I am going to guess that there is a piece called 'Han's Death' or something similar and they want to prevent spoilers until after the film has been released.

If I remember correctly the Phantom Menace soundtrack listing came out in advance and spoiled Qui-Gon Jinn's death so maybe they learned their lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

As far as I can remember, when they were filming scenes for Ep. II in Tunisia they also filmed the scene where Obi-Wan gave baby Luke to the aunt and uncle for Ep. III.

Maybe they are trying to do something similar here? Or maybe the Irish government told them they can only film one more time so they are getting as many shots in as possible to cover themselves for future movies.

It's the start of the Episode 8 shoot. The Force Awakens is cut and pretty much locked. Episode 8 is due out in May 2017 which isn't far away. Plus, Mark Hamill, who had a beard when he shot here last time, has grown it again, which indicates to me that he's good to go!

And
    If rumours are to be believed the final scene from The Force Awakens was shot on Skellig Michael. It's where Luke had been hiding out. Presumably this location features again in Episode 8

doubledown wrote: »
    It's the start of the Episode 8 shoot. The Force Awakens is cut and pretty much locked. Episode 8 is due out in May 2017 which isn't far away. Plus, Mark Hamill, who had a beard when he shot here last time, has grown it again, which indicates to me that he's good to go!

And
    If rumours are to be believed the final scene from The Force Awakens was shot on Skellig Michael. It's where Luke had been hiding out. Presumably this location features again in Episode 8

In regards to the spoiler:
    If that is the final scene, is it possible that Luke isn't seen until the end of the movie? It'd be strange considering that one of the first shots in the trailer is of him and R2, but could he be a Yoda-like character in this?

Hmmm, I'm wary of having an entire conversation in spoiler tags... :P

• Advertisement

In regards to the spoiler:
    If that is the final scene, is it possible that Luke isn't seen until the end of the movie? It'd be strange considering that one of the first shots in the trailer is of him and R2, but could he be a Yoda-like character in this?

Hmmm, I'm wary of having an entire conversation in spoiler tags... :P
    I believe he only features in the final scene of the film when

BIG SPOILER

Rey finds hims and gives him back his lightsaber

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

and what are pick ups?

fryup wrote: »
    and what are pick ups?

Pick ups is another way of saying additional shooting. They may need to get some extra material or re-shoot a few key moments or scenes.

I'm still adamant that this upcoming shoot is for Ep8 though.

This reinforces my theory -

http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/09/upcoming-star-wars-episode-viii-filming-on-skellig-michael-to-wrap-by-the-end-of-september.html

any point in an autograph hunter going down there ?? any chance of seeing a fillum star?

any point in an autograph hunter going down there ?? any chance of seeing a fillum star?

I doubt it. Security will be tight. But you could always hang around outside the hotel they stayed in last time - worth a shot!

It's in Waterville and is called The Butler Arms Hotel.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/star-wars-in-kerry-the-force-is-strong-with-this-one-277290.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^

for a laugh if i see carrie fisher i'm going to tell her i used to fap to her in return of the jedi, wonder how she'll react ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

for a laugh if i see carrie fisher i'm going to tell her i used to fap to her in return of the jedi, wonder how she'll react ?

You reckon you would be the first to say that to her?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

it shouldnt matter at all, but im so happy n proud this is being filmed in our grubby little country..Star Wars is my first memory of happiness & its been with me all my life & means so much to me and im sure a lot of you too..

soooo deadly even a tiny part is happening here :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

so, in his usual f*ck the canon up..Abrams has decided that
    kylo ren is actually jar-jar

Advertisement