Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

While I take umbrage to Ireland being referred to as 'grubby', yes, yes it is pleasing indeed.

Delighted Domnhaill Gleeson is in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

david75 wrote: »
    soooo deadly even a tiny part is happening here :)

The Jedi Library from whichever prequel that was is based on the library at trinity, which you walk through if you go and see the Book of Kells.

jedi_library.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

doubledown wrote: »
    It's the start of the Episode 8 shoot. The Force Awakens is cut and pretty much locked. Episode 8 is due out in May 2017 which isn't far away. Plus, Mark Hamill, who had a beard when he shot here last time, has grown it again, which indicates to me that he's good to go!

And
    If rumours are to be believed the final scene from The Force Awakens was shot on Skellig Michael. It's where Luke had been hiding out. Presumably this location features again in Episode 8

I read somewhere the reason is they want to film Skellig Michael in two different seasons for whatever reason , hence the split filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Wedwood wrote: »
    I read somewhere the reason is they want to film Skellig Michael in two different seasons for whatever reason , hence the split filming.

I remember hearing that too but it's been confirmed now that they will indeed be shooting Episode VIII with Rian Johnson at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Some random Star Wars : the force awakens - articles... the first one mentions the Kylo Ren toy and the words it speaks... its a little spoilery.. beware.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/star-wars/57322/star-wars-7-the-force-awakens-three-big-questions

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

The Jedi Library from whichever prequel that was is based on the library at trinity, which you walk through if you go and see the Book of Kells.

jedi_library.jpg

thats amazin..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

thats amazin..thanks

It looks like they used the actual photo and just added to it, as opposed to based an idea off it....exactly the same!

cool tidbit to know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

6D17C53B-ED0F-40D0-A3BA-8E1CBE8D59A3.jpg

Awh fcks sake... Look at what I stumbled upon in Argos.

warning: spoilery; http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4395096.htm
    Looks like the Jedi will have some sort of stupid new lightsabers/ lightsaber attachments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

J Mysterio wrote: »

Thats probably just for the toys, might not actually be in the new films. (hopefully).

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Thats probably just for the toys, might not actually be in the new films. (hopefully).

I wouldn't think so. The toys are normally faithful and don't just make up new elements like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

I wouldn't think so. The toys are normally faithful and don't just make up new elements like that.

It has nothing to do with the new film.

The only lightsabers in the movie are Anakin/Luke's blue one, Kylo Rens red one and possibly Luke's Green one.

Red King wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with the new film.

The only lightsabers in the movie are Anakin/Luke's blue one, Kylo Rens red one and possibly Luke's Green one.

I love your certainty. How could you possibly know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

warning: spoilery; http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4395096.htm
    Looks like the Jedi will have some sort of stupid new lightsabers/ lightsaber attachments

Don't forget, Kylo Ren is supposedly some sort of collector of Sith relics. Perhaps these attachments are a part of his collection and were used by previous Sith. They might be shown sitting on a shelf rather than have any practical use.

Kids want to play with what they see their heroes playing with.

I hope i'm wrong as they look ****e but you never know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just looks like 'make your own lightsaber' toy for kids, dunno what the big whoop is lol - looks kinda fun if I'm being honest. If anyone asks, I bought it for my niece :D

I love your certainty. How could you possibly know.

There are Star Wars micromachines with cars that are painted like R2D2. Are they in the movie? No they are just a toy.

Same with this, which is even more apparent when you read the description
    The definitive Lightsaber of the Bladebuilders system provides kids with the unique components needed to create 100+ combinations from their imagination.

I think people are picking up on the cross-saber and getting carried away with themselves.

Having also followed the leaks from this movie extensively there hasn't been a single mention of a lightsaber that is anything like this. Lots of talk of Kyle Ren's saber and Anakin/Luke's one however.

Sorry I just don't think it is even remotely credible that this is an actual lightsaber from the movie.

Hope you're right!

If there is a lightsaber like that in the movie I'll change my name to Jar Jar Binks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

If there is a lightsaber like that in the movie I'll change my name to Jar Jar Binks.

I think that its has already been agreed that if there are any major issues with this movie then the only person who will be changing their name will be the future Jar Jar Abrams.

If you start down the Guinness path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wans apprentice

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yes, he'll soon be seeing the "dark" side ............in the toilet bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Meesa tinkin yousa should backtrack ona dat! :P

Bloody hell even writing like that sent me into a fit of rage. What in gods name was Lucas thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i hope Lucas has next to nothing to do with the latest instalment esp when it comes to dialogue and characters

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He doesnt. He sold the rights to Disney. It's all on JJ now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Surprisingly, I'm actually ok with this. He isn't a bad actor, he was just given really bad direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Well I suppose if Anakin was to appear in one form or another then for continuity purposes it is better to have Christensen. Plus Lucas won't be writing the script.

Advertisement