Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Installation without monitoring/maintenance contract?

Options
  • 30-10-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I would like to fit an alarm in my bungalow but don't necessairly want to be burdened by either a monitoring or maintenance contract.

Are there contractors out there (PSA registered) who will fit an alarm system without requiring the punter to sign up to a monthly contract? Some of the charges are running from €520 per year to nearly €985.40 (just on the weekly contract).

I don't want to necessairly compromise my security but I've heard people saying that thieves will be in and out of the house in 5 mins before any response is engaged by a monitoring company. In that case I'd rather have my system configured with a dialer that alerts an assigned neighbours (I have the luxury of living in an estate where people do watchout for eachother).

Then I've had the people who told me not to bother with an alarm that just having a alarm box (not connected) on the outside of the house is as much as a a deterrent as an active alarm?

Comments

Advertisement