Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview scam - knock-knock. We're from Saorview. We need to check your aerial.

Options
  • 30-10-2012 9:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭

And at last. I thought it would have poped up sooner, but it seems the latest door to door scam job is (predictably) where two fellas with hi-vis vests knock on a door and when answered claim that they are from RTE or Saorview and that they need to check the aerial or cables in the attic.

A thick shíte of a neighbour at the back of my place fell for it and got cleaned out yesterday. A neighbour living near my homeplace in the Tipperary countryside almost got done only her son arrived back just as these guys were giving their speil and they were promptly told to go forth and multiply.

Apparently it is also rampant in Waterford where I beleive some moron (an imbecile with a history of imitating charities, everyone in town knows him and it has become somewhat of a running joke that. He is slow.) is going door to door with his clipboard. My FiL got him to the door and took the piss before giving him marching orders.

The modus operandi, as always, is that one guy will keep the homeowner distracted by poking at wires behind the TV and asking the householder to watch the TV and "check the picture". The other will proceed to clean the place out.

These scams are around a good few years now. How is it that people are still so retarded and fall for it. It's rediculous Joe.

Advertisement