Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Preacher blames hurricane Sandy on gays.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Anyone that is so vehemently against gay people generally has gay tendencies themselves that they have yet to come to terms with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Love to hear this preachers reason for the deaths in Caribbean then.

God works in mysterious ways :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I blame the bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Twas inevetible sadly.
    Everything is politicised over there, nut job right wingers will say the hurricane is a warning from god not to vote for Obama
    Or caused by gays or abortions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

I blame the bears.

Dem immigints, even when it was the bears I knew it was dem immigints

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

He also happened to mention that the hurricane passed directly over his own house..but God couldn't have been angry with him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Pre-emptive warning: Your 'Merica comment is not funny, completely unoriginal and you should go away. Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

squod wrote: »
    Isn't there a law over there that forbids people to use this kind of self promotion at times like these?

There is no law against the stupidity of some of the American preachers.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Gays control the weather now!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ronin247 wrote: »
    There is no law against the stupidity of some of the American preachers.......
    TBH, once you believe that there is a god in the clouds, you ain't thinking straight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

God damn gays causing storms and ****'

Americans.. What would you do without them.. In the sequel to 'legitimate rape', come this new blockbuster title 'Gays causing storms and ****'.. Rated R for Retarded..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

MadsL wrote: »
    Pre-emptive warning: Your 'Merica comment is not funny, completely unoriginal and you should go away. Now.

Yeah, come on, guys!
    Besides everyone knows it's spelled 'Murka
    honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Thank goodness for The Enlightenment or people might actually still take nutters like that seriously.

Regardless, it was obviously caused by witches, it's Hallowe'en FFS.

Thank goodness for The Enlightenment or people might actually still take nutters like that seriously.

Regardless, it was obviously caused by witches.

Whats your new religions view on this Chuck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

It's great to learn I've got some pretty good super powers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

iDave wrote: »
    Whats your new religions view on this Chuck?

It was obviously witches and you can protect yourself buy going to my website and buying some specially blessed garlic for only $99.99.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Funny thing about it, many of those religious nutjobs will believe him because their little minds are so warped by these cults.

It was obviously witches and you can protect yourself buy going to my website and buying some specially blessed garlic for only $99.99.

I'll take 10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

1ZRed wrote: »
    It's great to learn I've got some pretty good super powers

Thinly veiled "I'm gay" post

:rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

WATCH OUT FOR THE GAY STORMS!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Thinly veiled "I'm gay" post

:rolleyes: :D

Better watch yourself now mate or I'll direct a hurricane up your arse!

I honestly don't know how this guy thinks gay lads are behind this :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Don't be silly, everyone knows it's because God is angry with all the 'thinly veiled' posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

When I saw the title thread I immediately thought this was going to be another Westboro Baptist Church thread but no, there are other nutters out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I blame the bears.

Packers' fan? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Will the US declare a War on Weather next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

i think it's all the nuns......they are all married to one man....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

1ZRed wrote: »
    .......gay lads are behind this

Wish I was clever enough to make a joke out of ''gays'' and ''behind'' being used in the same sentence.

In fairness, he's right. It's all the gays fault.

Thankfully some great minds are hard at work trying to find a practical solution to this problem, and I think they've finally cracked it.

Been nice knowing you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

MadsL wrote: »

What has you so irritated today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 Captain Danger

Damn those pesky gays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

kowloon wrote: »
    What has you so irritated today?

Probably the devastation over there and the amount of anti-american crap around here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Prove him wrong.

squod wrote: »
    Wish I was clever enough to make a joke out of ''gays'' and ''behind'' being used in the same sentence.

I deliberately leave puns in those kinds of posts.

I don't leave myself open for no reason :rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

df1985 wrote: »

WATCH OUT FOR THE GAY STORMS!! :eek:

I don't get this: why do people CONTINUALLY and unthinkingly condemn people who have a problem with gay marriage? When you ridicule another person's heartfelt opinion in this way you make yourself look like a complete asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 Captain Danger

I don't get this: why do people CONTINUALLY and unthinkingly condemn people who have a problem with gay marriage? When you ridicule another person's heartfelt opinion in this way you make yourself look like a complete asshole.

I think you answered your own question there. They're complete as*holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭flogging a dead horse

Actually straight people and LGBT are all responsible for Global Warming.
    But that's a mute point the Pastor's Cvnt's homophobia.
    We all drove fast and big cars and we all have a carbon-footprint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I suppose they felt that the people who are telling them who they can and can't marry came across as @ssholes. You can't argue against these people. Gay marriage in no way infringes on a straight person's freedom. They just don't like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Probably the devastation over there and the amount of anti-american crap around here
    Anti American posts? Does a thread which criticises a twat who happens to be American equate to being anti American these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

To quote peter griffin, the biggest threat is gay poltergeists.

BOO!! To that outfit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I heard it was the Greek Gods.

kowloon wrote: »
    I suppose they felt that the people who are telling them who they can and can't marry came across as @ssholes. You can't argue against these people. Gay marriage in no way infringes on a straight person's freedom. They just don't like it.

Its a political tool, used to drive a wedge and create "opposing sides"
    There really is not a massive difference between dems and conservatives, so i think they use things like abortion and gay marriage to create divisive issues

Actually straight people and LGBT are all responsible for Global Warming.
    But that's a mute point the Pastor's Cvnt's homophobia.
    We all drove fast and big cars and we all have a carbon-footprint.

Actually I'll quaote my brilliant, brilliant and brilliant self by saying:
    Right wing and religous Americans dont blame 'all' of humanity for the obvious Global Warming.
    Go suck on that one Irish traitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Regardless, it was obviously caused by witches, it's Hallowe'en FFS.
    Well there were signs on closed shops and offices that said 'Don't blame us, blame the weatherman', so I guess the weatherman's to blame. He's gonna get what's coming to him, (according to the bible).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

It's just some teething problems with HAARP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I can't believe anyone actually disagrees with him. The ONLY logical explanation for what happened is that it was the gays. It all makes sense now. In fact, they've caused every hurricane since the dawn of time, even before humans existed! It's always been the gays. Heathens!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I blame the bears.

Racist :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I can't believe anyone actually disagrees with him. The ONLY logical explanation for what happened is that it was the gays. It all makes sense now. In fact, they've caused every hurricane since the dawn of time, even before humans existed! It's always been the gays. Heathens!!

It happens pretty much exactly like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

When a giant, flashing, neon pink, techno thumping, glitter flinging wave with fake angel wings splashes down on the coast, making everybody fantastic dancers...

then I'll blame the gays.

Indeed gay people have blaimed for a lot.
    Even worse according to the Pastor Prick are 'the jews'
    They have alway been blaimed quite a bit.
    A Jewish man from Alaska at a house party in Mary Street Galway said to me once, about my great-grandfather's death of 'Spanish Flu' in 1918. That it was the jews who caused and spread 'Spanish flu' and other plagues.
    Because of the rasacism he had suffred, he duly apologised for killing my granfather's father.
    It was a sad statment from the American Football loving dude,albeit with some emphaty towards myself.
    I duly cursed all the anti-semites. ( who hate the gays )

But then I am the greatest man in Ireland, so of course I cursed them all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement