Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 4 Ranking System

• 30-10-2012 9:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the scoring system, ranking will the the same in Halo 4 as in reach ?
    It seemed to me in reach, cant remember if Halo 3 was the same, that players are rewarded by amount of time, games played, rather than a skill level reached in online multiplayer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Halo 3 was skill based , reach was based on credits which were based on accommodations , challenges and match prrformance and also the credit jack pot

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Momento Mori

Unfortunately Halo has taken the route of XP rank up. Halo 2 and 3 were prime examples of great competitive games and this had a lot to do with the true skill ranking system where players were rewarded for winning games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah slightly disappointed to see it's following the XP rank up route, but it's too early to judge how this will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Unfortunately Halo has taken the route of XP rank up. Halo 2 and 3 were prime examples of great competitive games and this had a lot to do with the true skill ranking system where players were rewarded for winning games.
    I don't know about that, TrueSkill is ritually abused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Gumbi wrote: »
    I don't know about that, TrueSkill is ritually abused.
    True skill is abused all right , I always get matched with level 50 no life's in halo3 .
    Has anyone seen an increase in inheritors in halo reach, hack or no life ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement