Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1: week 7 reports

Options
  • 30-10-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Steelers 29 - 6 Bengals

Bit of a blowout in Cincy as the Steelers win their 4th straight to move top of the AFC North.

Dalton had another day to forget as he threw 4 picks and was sacked 3 times. Despite this he did show flashes and finished with 215 yards.

Big Ben continued his fine form (when not playing Darrelle Revis) and went 17 of 23, 3 tds and one pick.

The big thing this game for me was the running game. I have been working through my play book to find decent run plays and this was my first game with over 100 yards on the ground. This opened up the play action.

Neko, thanks for the game, you were unlucky with some of the picks. And did move the ball well with Dalton at times. That late deep pass was nice!!! If the pass isn't on you need to throw the ball away. 2 of the picks were into double coverage.

Next week for the Steelers is a home game against The Washington III's, the clash of the top rated QBs in the league at the minute. Bengals are on a bye.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Brooks Future Gymnast

Texans 30-9 Ravens

red zone d was the difference today

Q1

baltimore dink and dunk down the pitch the texans d cant stop them despite throwing the kitchen sink at them but finally there goal line d gets a stop ravens kick
    texans 0-3 ravens

Q2
    houston give the ravens a taste of there own medicine with short completion after short completion but a screen pass on the 9 sees foster with a bit of space and your not stopping him from there

texans 7-3 ravens

ravens fly down the pitch again but cant get past the texans red zone d brown kicks texans 7-6 ravens

texans do the same but miss the field goal wide right from 40 yds

ravens move down the pitch again!! but get stopped in the red zone again!!
    texans 7-9 ravens

Q3 and Q4(dont know where one starts and the other ends)

texans stopped
    ravens stopped but punt to the texans 4
    foster breaks off an run to the outside for 90 yds just getting stopped by a ravens cb
    schaub dumps the ball off to daniels td
    texans 14-9 ravens

finally the texans find a scheme that the ravens struggle against and pretty much stop them for the rest of the game hou get a td pass to johnson and a saftey as the ravens try to fling in on the last play

stats:
    Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 final
    Hou 0 7 7 16 30
    Bal 3 6 0 0 9

passing

schaub 15/21 for 288 yds 4tds and 1 int
    flacco 15/30 for 214 yds 0tds and 1 int

rushing

hou 12att for 110yds 0tds
    bal 17att for 38yds 0tds

defence

hou 1int 3 sacks 1 saftey
    bal 0 ints 2 sacks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans are really going to struggle to make the play offs this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

It's still early doors. I'm gonna be away for 2 real weeks in 2 weeks, so could miss 3 games. In my division those 3 games could knock me out. I've a rake of divisional games comin up too.

We could both be screwed if the jags keep being jerks and winning all around them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

We could both be screwed if the jags keep being jerks and winning all around them

Blame Tebow. Or I suppose blame God maybe? Since he has been dealing exclusively with Timothy this season.

That said, my dickish underdog tendencies should be brought right back down to earth when I have to head up to Lambo next week and have a chat with Mr.Rodgers and his mates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Blame Tebow. Or I suppose blame God maybe? Since he has been dealing exclusively with Timothy this season.

That said, my dickish underdog tendencies should be brought right back down to earth when I have to head up to Lambo next week and have a chat with Mr.Rodgers and his mates.

Time to unleash the Double T assault on Timmy T!
    C2J Vs Foster Vs MJD

Locker Vs Schaub Vs God :pac:

Time to unleash the Double T assault on Timmy T!
    C2J Vs Foster Vs MJD

Locker Vs Schaub Vs God :pac:

Ah now, I wouldn't go that far...

Locker Vs Schaub Vs Jesus is more appropriate :pac:

To counter tebow I'm making schaub atheist

To counter tebow I'm making schaub atheist

Man make him the DEVIL!
    i have him in another franchise.. in my 2 previous games he threw 11 ints :eek::eek: However last night he got 420 yards, 4 TDs for the Raiders V Saints so he's back in my good books :pac:

Man make him the DEVIL!
    i have him in another franchise.. in my 2 previous games he threw 11 ints :eek::eek: However last night he got 420 yards, 4 TDs for the Raiders V Saints so he's back in my good books :pac:
    Who schaub or tebow

• Advertisement

Who schaub or tebow

Sorry Schaub

Titans beat the bills 35-14, titans made tough work with 4 ints 2 of them being in the end zone, Titans clock up 376 yards passing and 96 rushing
    Jackson had a good game with an 80 yard td.
    Johnson with 2 tds one passing and one rushing, cook and the housh also getting tds

Will Witherspoon gets a 70 yard pick 6

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

It's a beautifully sunny day to kick off the 2 game non-Steve Smith stint in Carolina. This is a frightening proposition for the Panthers.

Quarter 1:
    Panthers win the toss and elect to receive. Jonathan Stewart breaks off a 44 yard run on the first play but not much else develops and the Panthers must settle for a field goal. Cowboys 0-3 Panthers.

Tony Romo throws a boneheaded interception to Chris gamble. The Panthers get to the 8, and Cam Newton jogs in for a TD. Cowboys 0-10 Panthers.

Another Cowboys turnover, as Romo throws a lateral screen pass that is batted down by Norman, who falls on it. Edwards has a 41 yard catch and run for a score. Cowboys 0-17 Panthers.

Quarter 2:
    The Cowboys work their way to near midfield where DeMarco Murray goes on a 54 yard TD run. Cowboys 7-17 Panthers.

Cam Newton throws a very poor pick, and DeMarco Murray takes it 10 yards for a TD soon after. Game on. Cowboys 14-17 Panthers.

The Cowboys eventually tried a 53 yard field goal as time expired but it fell short.

Quarter 3:
    Tony Romo throws an interception and after an awful TD drop by Joe Adams Cam Newton has a 5 yard TD run. Cowboys 14-24 Panthers.

Quarter 4:
    Another Romo interception and Jonathan Stewart takes it in for a 21 yard TD run. Cowboys 14-31 Panthers.

From there on Romo throws 2 more interceptions and the game finishes Cowboys 14-17 Panthers.

Stats:
    Cam Newton had little passing to do, throwing the ball 11 times, completing 7 of them for 64 yards and a touchdown, and an interception. He ran the ball 5 times for 17 yards and 2 TDs.

Jonathan Stewart carried the load offensively, with 23 rushes for 174 yards, a TD and a garbage time fumble.

Armanti Edwards had 2 catches for 47 yards and a TD but otherwise not many big passing plays at all.

The Panthers defensive had no sacks, but still gave Romo (like they have most QBs this season) an absolutely miserable time of it, Chris Gamble with 2 interceptions, along with one for Beason, Godfrey and Munnerlyn. Josh Norman had a fumble recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Cowboys lose to Panthers badly
    Romo throws 5 INTs, Austin injured making a tackle after the first INT. Kyle Orton may get run out next game
    Panthers ran the ball into the ground and couldn stop it

Not directed at you personally Matthew, but playing against someone with no mic is not enjoyable at all. May as well play the CPU to be honest

Well played, well deserved win

Jaguars 47-10 Raiders.

Whooped the CPU. Wasn't even fun. MJD ran for 200+ yards. Tebow threw 5 TD's (3 picks, 2 were just for the craic in the 4th). Blackmon had 100+ receiving and 2 TD's.

Jags move to 6-0. That's fun to look at even if I think it's going to end shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Jets defeat the Patriots 41-14 in New England .

It was a combination of an effective running game and great coverage from the jets that won this one. The Pats get the ball and on the second play look for Gronk on a curl route, Bart Scott promptly picks it off. However on a 2nd and goal the Jets O-line is called for holding while a touchdown is scored. The jets can't get back into th endzone and its a field goal 3-0 Jets.

The Patriots get a great kick off return inside the Jets 30 yard line. Brandon Llyod goes in on a end around play. Tricky Play in the redzone! 3-7 Patriots

Greene and QB nacho drive up the field and score a rushing touchdown 10-7. The patriots are forced to punt on a 4 and short and after that Mr Holmes comes in and scores a 57 yard touchdown. 17-7

The Patriots are forced to punt on a 4th and short again. The Gronk is at times being covered by the island and several other people. while man on man coverage holds up everywhere else. Keller gets a 14 yard touchdown pass making it 24-7.

The 3rd quarter see's the Jets get another touchdown from Holmes making it 31-7 . All of these scores have come from effective running from Greene who averaged 5.7 yards a carry. The Patriots offense finds some rhythm and after a 3 minute drive Ridley goes in for a touchdown on the 1 yard line. 31-14

The Jets run the ball down New England's throat in the fourth getting Greene his second rushing touchdown. 38-14 The Pats try to force the issue and Brady throws his second interception of the night to Calvin Pace. The Jets kick a field goal to make it 41-14. New York run out the clock for the remainder of the 4th.

QB nacho had a rare no interception game going 12-17 for 280 yards and 3 touchdowns. Greene was immense with 144 yards and 2 touchdowns. On Defense Revis was not targeted by Brady so he had a quiet day. The linebacker core got two interceptions so i guess it was a victory for them.

Hard luck Dave. Your whole receiving core just couldnt get open. I'm sure it will be different in a few weeks time when we play. Also your draws with Ridley were excellent , good patience waiting for holes to develop.

The Jets go 7-0, We head back to the meadowlands to entertain the dolphins. After week two's game against Miami i expect this to be a defensive struggle...

J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The Packers edge the Rams in a tight affair not reflected fully on the scoreline.

Turnovers essentially decided the game following some stout defending and brilliant running by the Rams.

Steven Jackson fumbled and the ball was recovered and ran into the end zone by the Packers just before halftime.

Just after half time Sam Shields following his bumper contract signing picked off Sam Bradford and got into the end zone.

This produced a steep hill for the Rams to climb which they couldn't conquer despite a late surge.

Advertisement