Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halloween-Don't forget the pets

• 30-10-2012 10:01pm
    Site Banned Posts: 161 ✭✭

Pets can become disoriented and wander away with loud noises . Please be a responsible owner and bring him or her inside over the next couple of days at night. I came across a dead dog on a footpath yesterday evening possibly startled by a firework and ran out in front of a car.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Poor doggy.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Two years ago, some little pr**** fired a rocket into my garden, missed the rabbit's hutch by a fraction :(

I keep them all in this year, like it did last year. for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

My dog's afraid of his life of fireworks. He's been hiding in the bathroom for the last fortnight. You'd think he'd get use to the noise after a while... feckin' eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

So you assume that the dog ran out because of fireworks because you have no one else to blame?
    In case you Havint noticed dogs roam around on their own a lot and they aren't exactly great at pressin traffic lights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Tape down the letterboxes for your own sake.

Comfort the dogs if they need it.

Tomorrow will be a duvet day for my cat.

Hope it rains.

A fivefold curse on Halloween and all scrotes who sail in her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Tape down the letterboxes for your own sake.

Comfort the dogs if they need it.

Tomorrow will be a duvet day for my cat.

Hope it rains.

A fivefold curse on Halloween and all scrotes who sail in her.

I'd put the dog into a shed and let off fireworks in there. In that way once fireworks night rolls around it's accustomed to them.

Or possibly ****ed up mentally beyond repair, I'm not sure, I haven't tried this out yet.

• Site Banned Posts: 161 ✭✭John37

So you assume that the dog ran out because of fireworks because you have no one else to blame?
    In case you Havint noticed dogs roam around on their own a lot and they aren't exactly great at pressin traffic lights

It may have contributed to it. I never said that it actually caused it. Just keep your animals inside folks. Thats all I am emphasising

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

My dog's afraid of his life of fireworks. He's been hiding in the bathroom for the last fortnight. You'd think he'd get use to the noise after a while... feckin' eejit.

It's the above who are the ejits........The dog is right..keep him in and buy him a treat!.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

THIS IS WHY I HATE HALLOWEEN!!

My dog is now eleven and I'm not sure if it can handle much stress now at this age. I just hope to god it pishes out of the heavens tomorrow night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I usually just give out sweets and peanuts but maybe this year is the one to try something new. Thanks for the advice OP !!

Getting a bit sick of looking after all the cats now to be honest.

• Advertisement

John37 wrote: »

It may have contributed to it. I never said that it actually caused it. Just keep your animals inside folks. Thats all I am emphasising
    Thats fair enough but main thing is if you Havint got the brain to keep your pets indoors on Halloween then you shouldn't have pets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Gonna collect all the stray cats and make a hallowe'en party bag for my pet snake.

squod wrote: »
    Gonna collect all the stray cats and make a hallowe'en party bag for my pet snake.

Was that supposed to be funny now? :eek:

Anyway, what strikes me is, how do all them kids get those bangers and fireworks? The ones, I'm talking about are maybe 11 or 12 years of age. Whoever sells fireworks to kids, should be in big trouble.

Not even talking about parents or guardians, who tolerate their offspring throwing fireworks at pets :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Was that supposed to be funny now?

Whoever sells fireworks to kids, should be in big trouble.

I'm guessing that you're a school teacher by trade...

No, Community Care Support Worker ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I came across a dead dog on a footpath yesterday evening possibly startled by a firework and ran out in front of a car.
    **** over it isn't the answer, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

"Trade" now being the operative word ...!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

never stick a banger up your dogs arse

never stick a banger up your dogs arse

Is that a song from the 70s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Can fireworks freak out Goldfish?

• Advertisement

Faith+1 wrote: »

You have to get waterproof ones, otherwise they go out when you throw them into the fish bowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Your dead right OP.

Only a couple of years ago, a group of scumbags set fire to a dog up in Finglas "for a laugh":mad:

Just imagine how many scrotebags like them will be out tomorrow. Thank **** theres a bank holiday before Halloween every year.

I find depth charges work alot better on fish while your common garden pet is terrified of bang bang fireworks.
    Nothing is afraid of sparklers.

• Site Banned Posts: 161 ✭✭John37

**** over it isn't the answer, in fairness.

Ah your right their you tool

Going by the advice in this thread you should make sure your goldfish stays inside and you should put a duvet and a treat in his bowl.

Ah your right their you tool

I.... must.... not......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Myself and my doggies shall be curled up on the couch under a duvet tomorrow night watching crappy halloween movies. I encourage you all to do the same.

Duvet's are awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Some thugs out drinking in a field threw a dog into a bonfire last year, kids out trick or treating hearing the dogs squeals.. It was sickening

Keep the pets inside

Myself and my doggies shall be curled up on the couch under a duvet tomorrow night watching crappy halloween movies. I encourage you all to do the same.

Duvet's are awesome.
    Make sure it's not Cujo. Could never trust my dog after watching that film.

• Advertisement

Make sure it's not Cujo. Could never trust my dog after watching that film.

My dogs look like teddy bears. If they attack you you should lay there and let it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

My dogs look like teddy bears. If they attack you you should lay there and let it happen.
    I'm slightly aroused right now..

I meant to say I could never trust his judgement. He loved that film.
    The feckin eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Duvet's are awesome.

That sounds like a recipe for a smelly dog duvet.

Johro wrote: »
    I'm slightly aroused right now..

Good for you?
    Gbear wrote: »

They're very clean doggies. Were only at the groomers on Friday. They still smell like baby powder :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

This dog is getting his own back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aRpCujDUbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Pics of people in New York carrying their dogs through the floods. The least people can do here is bring them in during the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I hate halloween, my poor dog will be on sedatives all that night.

Gbear wrote: »

Give em the old Dutch Oven. Hours of fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_oven_%28practical_joke%29

There's never any fireworks out my way. The odd group of kids trick or treating, besides that, you'd hardly know it was Halloween.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭gidget

Two teenagers actually threw a banger towards my dog today while my brother was out walking him :mad: . The intention to actually hurt, both my dog & brother & then run off laughing speaks volumes about how these little p***** will turn out in life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

In my opinion cruelty to animals at Halloween warrants nothing less than burning at the stake for the perpetrator(s), at other times of the year a bullet in their misbegotten brain will suffice.

There's never any fireworks out my way. The odd group of kids trick or treating, besides that, you'd hardly know it was Halloween.
    Same here. We could call them Halloween-free zones. Sanctuaries. Come on in and bring your own booze.

TheUsual wrote: »
    Give em the old Dutch Oven. Hours of fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_oven_%28practical_joke%29
    I didn't know 'flatulating' was a verb and I object to the term 'Dutch Oven'.
    I'm dutch, and I smell of flowers.

Johro wrote: »
    Same here. We could call them Halloween-free zones. Sanctuaries. Come on in and bring your own booze.

Can we bring our pets too?

Can we bring our pets too?
    Are they bringing booze?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe you could teach them to press the button with their paw.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

gidget wrote: »
    speaks volumes about how these little p***** will turn out in life.

Probably Senior Bank Managers in about 25 years.

gidget wrote: »
    Two teenagers actually threw a banger towards my dog today while my brother was out walking him :mad: . The intention to actually hurt, both my dog & brother & then run off laughing speaks volumes about how these little p***** will turn out in life.
    That'd be funny of they done it to me and my dog
    10half stone Akita off ya go
    Dinner time little punks on the menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

Fireworks turn my lassie collie into a shivering wreck. He nearly tore his hind leg off trying to scale a 6ft garden fence last Halloween. What makes it worse is that they start setting them off a week before Halloween and for nearly a week after. I know where I would like to shove those bangers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My brother puts the dog into the garage during fireworks and leaves a radio on at a decent volume, theres not a bother from the dog.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
Advertisement