Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Hamper

Options
  • 30-10-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Do many of you on here start a christmas hamper off, putting a few items away each week for christmas in the press. When I was young everyone use to store non-perishable items away in the press so that you did not have to payout everything at once from your last wages before christmas.

We have started putting away some good quality wine we got from Tesco in their last wine promotion,also when values to be had for sweets , chocolates or biscuits it will go in the hamper ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 strawberrytart

Yes i "try" to do that....... Bought a tin of heroes in supervalu last week for €4.99 and they promptly got eaten, didnt last the day :D

Will try harder this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Yeah, for the couple of months before Christmas I would buy something extra each week and put it in the larder. I have got Vodka, Champagne & beer on special. Soft drinks. Most of the fruit, nuts etc for the Christmas cake and pudding. Will start getting a couple of bits every week from now on.I We have a lot of visitors over the holidays so e use a lot of drinks and nibbles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

We don't normally for foods, drinks etc, as we don't really have that many visitors so we just buy the normal amount of food, with a few extra bits and pieces, not much more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Once November starts, I'm in overdrive. But as per usual buy way too much. Hiding them at the top of the wardrobe doesn't keep them safe. So ya, from November on, I start buying in or even making the Christmas food. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

...and don't forget the yummy 'make your own Christmas prezzies' thread in the Cooking & Recipes forum! Lots of ideas for delicious, home-made Christmas edibles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Let's stick with the Make Your Own Christmas Prezzies thread, no need to revive this one.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement