Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butchers or Abattoir for fillet steak in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

T-K-O wrote: »

The chicken was always dutch and that goes for all these wholesalers. Irish chicken fillets were so expensive a lot of restaurants avoid buying Irish.

Depending on the size a dutch fillet would cost the wholesaler .50/.60 cent the Irish fillets are double that price. Yet most shops sell 4 for 5 or 10 for 10 etc... doesn't add up

Any 10 for 10 deal on chicken fillets are imports, brazilian or thai ... often barrel rolled in the netherlands to add 10-12% water to the weight.

Buy local and you're buying quality and supporting local jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

TBoneMan wrote: »
    Any 10 for 10 deal on chicken fillets are imports, brazilian or thai ... often barrel rolled in the netherlands to add 10-12% water to the weight.

Buy local and you're buying quality and supporting local jobs

I thought I said that :D

Buying local guarantees nothing. Most of your local butchers shops are stocking the Dutch fillets for the same reason. They are cheap and a lot of people want 10/10 above anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

T-K-O wrote: »

I thought I said that :D

Buying local guarantees nothing. Most of your local butchers shops are stocking the Dutch fillets for the same reason. They are cheap and a lot of people want 10/10 above anything else

My local butchers sells 100% irish meat with all chicken fillets boned in shop ... 11.49/kg wheter you buy 1 or 10 ... which is only 50cent to a euro per kilo more than tesco's best deal and a lot better than when you buy the small packs... it means you can get carcasses for soup for free and wings & legs at a good price too

I've tried the imports from the other butchers around here and there is no comparison in terms of taste

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

TBoneMan wrote: »
    My local butchers sells 100% irish meat with all chicken fillets boned in shop ... 11.49/kg wheter you buy 1 or 10 ... which is only 50cent to a euro per kilo more than tesco's best deal and a lot better than when you buy the small packs... it means you can get carcasses for soup for free and wings & legs at a good price too

I've tried the imports from the other butchers around here and there is no comparison in terms of taste

There is no question you can taste difference. The Dutch fillets aint bad but they dont compare well to the Irish fillet.

I would suggest you local shop is well established as I know from dealing with a lot of shops they simply cannot afford to sell Irish. A lot of people are attached to the cheaper products which is fine providing the shop markets the product correctly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement