Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tineye reliability

• 30-10-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Trying to find out how accurate tineye is considered. Anyone go down that road of using it to verify ownership of any of your images? And if so did it end well or with you in tears?

I've been googling but to little avail.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

My limited experience of it has shown it to be pretty crap TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

You can search an image on google now. Just drag and drop it into a Google Image search. Not sure how reliable that is but Google normally do search well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

yep Google image searches are pretty accurate but it nearly always ends in tears. No amount of invoicing or threatening to sue seems to have any effect. I found an altered image of mine being used by the University of Hawaii Music Department website, and despite a variety of appeals, nothing happened other than removal of said image. No apology. Several hours of wasted time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

I use Google Search By Image in the extensions:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/search-by-image-by-google/dajedkncpodkggklbegccjpmnglmnflm

Lets you right-click on any image to search google with it. Very handy.

UGpoDIe8O31rhzho47fTqyVduv94VAeBaWzgfF2Oyc7FYTBhmKVugObNotmXVUbeIU8wp71dcA=s640-h400-e365

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

There is a good firefox plugin too - 'Who stole my pictures'

You can do it from the google home page too.

https://www.google.co.uk/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&authuser=0

Click on the camera icon at the end of the search bar, and paste the URL of the image you are seaching for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

+1 for the "Who stole my pictures" plugin. Helped me out when I got a tip off about one of my images. This searches on 5 different engines but I always find the Google search picks up and the others show no results

Advertisement