Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shoes causing Knee/hip pain?

Options
  • 30-10-2012 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    The missus recently got new runners about two months ago in a good running shop. She was told by the guy there that she needed supportive running shoes just by looking at her feet and not put on a treadmill for a proper gait check.

So she got a pair of Nike Structure. Up until then for the last year or so she had been running in Pegasus and had little issues with them. Now she seems to be constantly complaining of knee pain and hip pains after running and she thinks it may be the shoes. She says they are too hard and heavy for her.

Personally I'm not sure so wanted to know your thoughts. Could the wrong shoes cause all sorts of leg and joint pain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Yes it is possible, shoes are a factor.

Also if the running is a completely new activity and she is trying to do too much too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

thanks!

No running is not a new activity for her, has been running for over a year or so. Am going to go to a new running shop and properly checked out and see what their recommendation is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

nellocono wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    The missus recently got new runners about two months ago in a good running shop. She was told by the guy there that she needed supportive running shoes just by looking at her feet and not put on a treadmill for a proper gait check.
    Maybe its just me but that sounds odd!!

So she got a pair of Nike Structure. Up until then for the last year or so she had been running in Pegasus and had little issues with them. Now she seems to be constantly complaining of knee pain and hip pains after running and she thinks it may be the shoes. She says they are too hard and heavy for her.

Personally I'm not sure so wanted to know your thoughts. Could the wrong shoes cause all sorts of leg and joint pain?

I would say its entirely possible that the wrong shoes are causing the issues and I know in my case I knew from the word go nearly that I was in the wrong shoes - ended up getting a lot of niggly injuries from them - ditched them after a month and haven't looked back since... that just my two cents..

Advertisement