Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage advice

Options
  • 31-10-2012 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

I have several buy to let properties all of which are fully rented and in good Dublin city locations.

All are profitable but I want to built up some savings that I lost during a few bad summers. So I spoke to the bank to restructure the mortgage via the broker that got me the loans.

Neither of the house are in negative equity but I don't want to sale them. One has 110 months left and they want to expand it by 40 months. The rate is 2.25% which I know is very low. The bank
    Is obviously losing money.

However the second house with the same bank has a rate of 5.65 % and barely 7.5 years left and they want to extend it by 110 months meaning cost of credit goes from €35k to €85k.

Should I look for a better deal or this the best offer. Also the broker is putting us under pressure ( calls and emails everyday telling us to sign the paperwork). Although he is a broker could he getting a cheque from the bank for doubling there profits

Advertisement