Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

historical theory

Options
  • 31-10-2012 12:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 265 ✭✭

Would you agree with the theory that society has a structure and history is only a process of realizing that structure? I came across this the other day and I would tend to agree with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I don't think I'm clever enough to understand the premise, let alone offer an opinion on it,

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 24,056 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Would you agree with the theory that society has a structure and history is only a process of realizing that structure? I came across this the other day and I would tend to agree with it.

I don't know why it's described as a "theory", as it seems logical and obvious to me. Whoever decided to question it must have had a lot of time on his/her hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Most societies have structure but history does not necessarily have to be a part of seeing that.

You need to expand on the op and you should refer to forum charter before doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I'm only educated to MSc level plus a couple of other degrees thrown in, so I'm at a loss to understand this post from the onset.

One of you clever guys please explain it to me.

TIA.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

How many angels can dance on a pin territory

• Advertisement
Advertisement