Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get work experience during one of the school breaks if you're not doing TY?

• 31-10-2012 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Pretty much the only thing in TY that interested me was the work experience, given the fact that work experience is only one(or two?) week of the year, I decided against doing TY and did fifth year instead.
    I was talking to someone I know who manages a business and he's willing to give me work experience if I can get one of the school's insurance forms.
    Would this be something the school would be likely to support and give me the insurance? Or would it be something you can only do if you're doing TY?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Pretty much the only thing in TY that interested me was the work experience, given the fact that work experience is only one(or two?) week of the year, I decided against doing TY and did fifth year instead.
    I was talking to someone I know who manages a business and he's willing to give me work experience if I can get one of the school's insurance forms.
    Would this be something the school would be likely to support and give me the insurance? Or would it be something you can only do if you're doing TY?

You can give it a shot, one of the work experience placements I got in TY had 1 or 2 fifth years there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

I'm in 6th year now and I wanted to do work experience over this midterm cos I didn't get to do any work exp. as I didn't do TY or lcvp.
    I had a work exp sorted out and I asked for insurance from my school, but they couldn't give it as it was outside school hours and it wasn't needed for any of my subjects :/ I suppose it was just about the money that it would have cost to the school. I would imagine it would be the same thing in your school.

Advertisement