Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallery Rifle/Pistol Classes

• 31-10-2012 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Question??

At what point (score) do you change class X,A,B,C etc....and how is it judged? is there a site i can look at to see? its not on the NASRPC site!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭clivej

grasncov wrote: »
    Question??

At what point (score) do you change class X,A,B,C etc....and how is it judged? is there a site i can look at to see? its not on the NASRPC site!

Cheers

The link below is for the current NRA 'Gallery Rifle and Pistol' handbook that details all the rules and regs, each competition in detail and the class score X, A, B...etc.

Page 34 on

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/files/gr/grp12.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 31 grasncov

clivej wrote: »

The link below is for the current NRA 'Gallery Rifle and Pistol' handbook that details all the rules and regs, each competition in detail and the class score X, A, B...etc.

Page 34 on

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/files/gr/grp12.pdf
    Cheers Clive,
    As always your a wealth if knowledge. Can I have the lotto numbers for tonight?? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

CliveJ is correct, :) the UK NRA manual is used for all classifications with some exceptions, like for example 1020, currently does not have any published Classifications.

This might save some reading :)

Rifle:

GR 1500 SB

X 1475-1500
    A 1450-1474
    B 1425-1449
    C 1375-1424
    D 0-1374

GR 1500 CF

X 1490-1500
    A 1480-1489
    B 1465-1479
    C 1435-1464
    D 0-1434

GR 1020 SB

X 1010-1020
    A 1000-1009
    B 0-999

GR 1020 CF

X 1017 -1020
    A 1008-1016
    B 0-1007

GR T & P SB

X 295-300
    A 285-294
    B 0-284

GR T & P CF

A 297-299
    B 0-296

GR MT SB

X 110-120
    A 100-109
    B 0-99

GR MT CF

X 115-120
    A 105-114
    B 0-104

Pistol:

Pistol T & P

X 290-300
    A 280-289
    B 0-279

Pistol Multi

X 115-120
    A 105-114
    B 0-104

GP40 Pistol

X 385-400
    A 300-384
    B 0-299

Regards

DB

Scalachi wrote: »
    CliveJ is correct, :) the UK NRA manual is used for all classifications with some exceptions, like for example 1020, currently does not have any published Classifications.

This might save some reading :)

[COLOR="red"]Rifle:[/COLOR]

GR 1500 SB

X 1475-1500
    A 1450-1474
    B 1425-1449
    C 1375-1424
    D 0-1374

GR 1500 CF

X 1490-1500
    A 1480-1489
    B 1465-1479
    C 1435-1464
    D 0-1434

GR 1020 SB

X 1010-1020
    A 1000-1009
    B 0-999

GR 1020 CF

X 1017 -1020
    A 1008-1016
    B 0-1007

GR T & P SB

X 295-300
    A 285-294
    B 0-284

GR T & P CF

A 297-299
    B 0-296

GR MT SB

X 110-120
    A 100-109
    B 0-99

GR MT CF

X 115-120
    A 105-114
    B 0-104

[COLOR="Red"]Pistol:[/COLOR]

Pistol T & P

X 290-300
    A 280-289
    B 0-279

Pistol Multi

X 115-120
    A 105-114
    B 0-104

GP40 Pistol

X 385-400
    A 300-384
    B 0-299

Regards

DB
    Thanks DB, it will save me reading the manual. I was brought up a class and I can't figure out why!

Thanks DB, it will save me reading the manual. I was brought up a class and I can't figure out why!

"I was brought up a class and I can't figure out why"

'cos you shot well and got a medal for your troubles. As I told you before just don't beat me or you'll never get..............(you know wot)................... again

It is worth highlighting - in GR and Pistol Classifications - that the NRA Uk does not cover the full range of disciplines we have here.

Obviously they do not have Smallbore Pistol or Centrefire Pistol (don't shoot them over there) so NASRPC sets their own levels there.

Also - and I may need to be corrected on this - you score in the class you shoot into in a UK match (not just your first) - so, if you are D-Class and you shoot an X Class Score - you score in X class, on the day.

Whereas in Ireland you score in the class you entered in and you score will affect your classification for your "next" match. So if you are in D-Class and you shoot an X-Class score - you score in D-Class and you next match you enter as X Class.

On a personal note I think the system here on the classifcation is better as you may at least get a medal before getting pushed up into the higher class, as you did and myself. This leads to new-comers to the competitions sport not having to compete against people that have been shooting longer and therefore (should be) in a higher classifcation.

• Advertisement

"I was brought up a class and I can't figure out why"

'cos you shot well and got a medal for your troubles. As I told you before just don't beat me or you'll never get..............(you know wot)................... again

It is worth highlighting - in GR and Pistol Classifications - that the NRA Uk does not cover the full range of disciplines we have here.

Obviously they do not have Smallbore Pistol or Centrefire Pistol (don't shoot them over there) so NASRPC sets their own levels there.

Also - and I may need to be corrected on this - you score in the class you shoot into in a UK match (not just your first) - so, if you are D-Class and you shoot an X Class Score - you score in X class, on the day.

Whereas in Ireland you score in the class you entered in and you score will affect your classification for your "next" match. So if you are in D-Class and you shoot an X-Class score - you score in D-Class and you next match you enter as X Class.

On a personal note I think the system here on the classifcation is better as you may at least get a medal before getting pushed up into the higher class, as you did and myself. This leads to new-comers to the competitions sport not having to compete against people that have been shooting longer and therefore (should be) in a higher classifcation.
    One of my scores I was scored in the higher class even though u never shot good enough to be pushed up. No matter, ill just have to train harder and shoot better to get something from that class :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

Hi,

Clivej - UK & Ireland are the same and we swap classificatiosn before major matches.

If you are D Class today either here or the UK and you put in a X class score that does not take effect until the next competition.

Grasncov - Send me a PM with the details and I will look in to, its possible a mistake was made.

Regards

DB

Scalachi wrote: »
    Hi,

Clivej - UK & Ireland are the same and we swap classificatiosn before major matches.

If you are D Class today either here or the UK and you put in a X class score that does not take effect until the next competition.

Grasncov - Send me a PM with the details and I will look in to, its possible a mistake was made.

Regards

DB
    I just figured out who you are! Will do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

I just figured out who you are! Will do

And I'm here trying to figure out who you are?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

DB,

The GP40, is there a holster required for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

LB6 wrote: »
    DB,

The GP40, is there a holster required for it?

Yes a holster is required to shoot a gp40:)

Tx Tommy. Love shooting the Pardini, but it doesn't love any of the comps run for pistol shooters outside of the NTSA. :mad:

Tx Tommy. Love shooting the Pardini, but it doesn't love any of the comps run for pistol shooters outside of the NTSA. :mad:

LB6 I can't see why you can not shot your Pardini in all the other gallery handgun comps. that are started from the cooper or 45 degree position and don't need a holster.

Your just looking for reasons not to enter and get ur ass beat ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

why not get a holster for the pardini?

They don't make holsters for the Pardini as it's not meant to be shot from the holster. I did get a velcro (fit all) one from DB, but it's still not working for it. Bar a bit of very exact plinking now, it's a bit of an expense when it can't be used in comps :-(

LB6 I can't see why you can not shot your Pardini in all the other gallery handgun comps. that are started from the cooper or 45 degree position and don't need a holster.

Your just looking for reasons not to enter and get ur ass beat ;)
    They don't make holsters for the Pardini as it's not meant to be shot from the holster. I did get a velcro (fit all) one from DB, but it's still not working for it. Bar a bit of very exact plinking now, it's a bit of an expense when it can't be used in comps :-(

NO excuses LB6 bring it down to the range next time your down. I'd say young cute-T will shoot it best.

Travels in the car every time we go to the range Clive lol.....Just sometimes, it doesn't get to see the light of day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Can you not get a speed rig holster for it. Something like a CR Speed Holster maybe? It only attaches onto the gun at the trigger guard? Maybe that would work?

I've looked at them all. Even the speed rig won't work. If you look at the shape of the Pardini, you'll see it's not really compatible with any holsters.....

pardini.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I've looked at them all. Even the speed rig won't work. If you look at the shape of the Pardini, you'll see it's not really compatible with any holsters.....

pardini.jpg

Is it possible to get a holster made or adapted for it? Someone else might have info but I thought there was a guy near the Curragh who made holsters?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure. I'm going to have to look into it further BC, if I'm going to be taking on "ZEE BOYS" lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Could you not just case it in a pistol slip case the same as a rifle shooter would?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

Lb6 there is a guy in the curragh...saddle maker very good with leather and not too expensive if you can bring him a template he can make anything...made one for a walther before..

no cw - that won't work. Would have been nice and cheap if it had, but it would need to be specifically shaped to the gun to make extraction easy.

I'm going to have to get some kind of a holster R, otherwise it's going to be adios Pardini and pick up something else that's a little more convenient. :eek:

no cw - that won't work. Would have been nice and cheap if it had, but it would need to be specifically shaped to the gun to make extraction easy.

I'm going to have to get some kind of a holster R, otherwise it's going to be adios Pardini and pick up something else that's a little more convenient. :eek:

I adapted a cheap drop leg 'Airsoft' holster for my AW93 at works well enough. Looking at the image of your Pardini it could well be used as well

Advertisement