Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Classic Str-----etch Limo thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Saab Ed wrote: »

I can see lots of dodgy bodywork even from the photos!..........:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

Irish Daimler 337MRI

daimler_zps471c5db4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

irish 250 limo

merc250_zpse439e101.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

68deville wrote: »
    Irish Daimler 337MRI

daimler_zps471c5db4.jpg

Any photos of the P6 2 cars to the left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Iv spent the last while hunting down pictures of all of the supposed 12 of these cars and have come up with 12 in total so far. The banger driver 971 raced two and i think he has one of the roadworthy ones also.

Photo #9 was a wreck that was too rotten to even banger race!

#114 was the first to be banger raced at the spedeweekend in 1987.

The three survivors are at the end of the pictures 77D127, PGY788R and MCR3R. MCR4R was#7 in the pictures below.

If as Kevin reckons, there was one written off when new that would make 13 cars built.

IMG_9063_zpsdc7351e5.jpg

IMG_9062_zpscfc5de79.jpg

IMG_9061_zpsb61c4263.jpg

IMG_9060_zps6df95f85.jpg

IMG_9059_zps65f480b3.jpg

IMG_9058_zpsd3f08756.jpg

IMG_9057_zps2c5eefda.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

IMG_8021.png

IMG_8102.jpg

226694.jpg

cars051640x480.jpg

I wonder which of the banger cars this one was, or was it the one that was written off when new?
    coleman_milne_grosvenor_fastback_red_1975.jpg
    spaceout.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

252 & 348 are the same car.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kieran811

i was a mates yard a month ago and he used to race himself years ago, was telling me that the local wedding/funeral directors had 2 mark 1 couple limos on the road in northern ireland but both were sold on he said there registrations were moreless the same if he remembers it right, he was unsure were they ended up after they were sold on.

he also known of another that ended up lying in another wedding/ funeral directors yard, it was taken of the road to get work done but never was done and the car rotted beond repair but eventally it was put on fire and shortly after scraped along with other various limos he had, he remembers this 1 was brown as he tried a number of times to buy the car to race in the late 80's/ early 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kieran811

i was a mates yard a month ago and he used to race himself years ago, was telling me that the local wedding/funeral directors had 2 mark 1 couple limos on the road in northern ireland but both were sold on he said there registrations were moreless the same if he remembers it right, he was unsure were they ended up after they were sold on.

he also known of another that ended up lying in another wedding/ funeral directors yard, it was taken of the road to get work done but never was done and the car rotted beond repair but eventally it was put on fire and shortly after scraped along with other various limos he had, he remembers this 1 was brown as he tried a number of times to buy the car to race in the late 80's/ early 90's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

This weeks limo I'm not buying

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C373200#

3515611.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Wow that's 80's cool.

Advertisement