Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anybody recommend a good 4-5 star hotel in dublin city centre??

Options
  • 31-10-2012 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

Any advice on a nice modern 4-5 star hotel walking distance from city centre
    Need to book a place for friday
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

sc86 wrote: »
    Any advice on a nice modern 4-5 star hotel walking distance from city centre
    Need to book a place for friday
    thanks

The Clarence hotel for €104 ?

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1789/pv102155569/hotel-reservations/157401_the-clarence-dublin.aspx?cur=EUR&n=1&d=20121102

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I recently got the Conrad on Priceline for €130 a night instead of €260. Worth a try, also the Shelbourne pops up on Hotwire from time to time, just make sure you search 5 star only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

athtrasna wrote: »
    I recently got the Conrad on Priceline for €130 a night instead of €260. Worth a try, also the Shelbourne pops up on Hotwire from time to time, just make sure you search 5 star only.

this it?

http://www.hotwire.com/hotel/details?searchId=6854832808&solutionId=205709681822

on site parking is a must

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

The Gibson (across from 02) is a really nice hotel...lovely rooms and gorgeous food...think it's 4 star? Also have parking I think...

http://www.thegibsonhotel.ie/

• Advertisement

thanks, any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

sc86 wrote: »
    thanks, any other ideas?

Radission Blu Hotel by St Patricks is super!! Top 4 star hotel, gorgeous bar and excellent food, rooms and service. Underground car park also.

Someone also mentioned the Gibson which is top class. Aisling hotel by Heuston station is also worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The Westbury on Harry Street (just off Grafton Street) is very convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Also meant to say Westbury as well, or Shelbourne, both very convenient...as is the Westin!

Aisling hotel by Heuston station is also worth a visit.

Seriously? Area around it is pretty dodgy??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Seriously man you're in Dublin. Walk 2 minutes from a nice area and you'll find a dodgy place.

Anyhow the westin or the gresham are fairly decent. As are the Morrison, clarion and jurys in the ifsc and the Morgan hotel! All the ones mentioned so far are all pretty decent as well!

If budget is no limit go for the Merrion!:)

Scortho wrote: »
    Anyhow the westin or the gresham are fairly decent. As are the Morrison, clarion and jurys in the ifsc

Now you are taking the proverbial. Jurys Inn is the only Jurys in the IFSC and it's grim. Grand if you're on a budget and going to something in the O2 but otherwise not somewhere I would recommend to someone looking for "a good 4-5 star hotel in Dublin City Centre". Stayed there once, more like a 2 star.

I know you're never far from a dodgy area when you're in a city but you won't find prostitutes outside the Westin, Merrion, Gresham, Westbury, Shelbourne or Conrad. You will more than likely find them around the Aisling.

OP The Dylan Hotel is another one that's really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I know you're never far from a dodgy area when you're in a city but you won't find prostitutes outside the Westin, Merrion, Gresham, Westbury, Shelbourne or Conrad. You will more than likely find them around the Aisling.

OP The Dylan Hotel is another one that's really nice.

You wanna bet on that?
    sure the shelbourne is only up the road from Leeson St. Around the corner for Lapello and South William St.
    Most of those that were around the Benburb St area left once the Luas was built though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Scortho wrote: »
    You wanna bet on that?
    sure the shelbourne is only up the road from Leeson St. Around the corner for Lapello and South William St.
    Most of those that were around the Benburb St area left once the Luas was built though?

leeson st maybe 10-15 years ago.. theyre all down along the canal most nights. or so ive heard :p

ballsbridge hotel, and all the small hotels around there are really nice, and 5 mins taxi from town and area is lovely. But they might be a bit pricey. They do good deals from time to time tjhough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irishman1234

whats the burlington like these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I stayed in the Trinity Capital hotel last night. It'll be the hotel I use from now on. Location was spot on (Pearse St near Garda Station). Got a huge double room for 89e on booking.com. Comfy bed. Hotel decor is class - lots of reds and purples and sumptuous furnishings.

Didn't use bar or restaurant but it seemed to be busy enough. Nice people on reception desk.

whats the burlington like these days?

They've re-done the rooms so they're really quite nice now, same for the ensuites. BUT walls and doors are still paper thin, so your sleep quality depends on people around you.
    livinsane wrote: »
    I stayed in the Trinity Capital hotel last night. It'll be the hotel I use from now on. Location was spot on (Pearse St near Garda Station). Got a huge double room for 89e on booking.com. Comfy bed. Hotel decor is class - lots of reds and purples and sumptuous furnishings.

Didn't use bar or restaurant but it seemed to be busy enough. Nice people on reception desk.

How is the noise from the fire station there? I've always thought it a strange site for a hotel with sirens going off in the nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I would say the Dylan Hotel too.

i endedup booking the fitzwilliam due to its location and looks good but tad dear!
    theres just so many to chose from i was more confused than when i started looking lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

livinsane wrote: »

Seconded. It is, hands down, the best hotel in Dublin :D complete pleasure to stay in! I get really bored of the standard cream and yellow hotel decor- it's fantastic to find a hotel with purple walls and (almost) leopard print carpet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You've booked now but the Morrison Hotel near Jervis is a beautiful hotel also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

How is the noise from the fire station there? I've always thought it a strange site for a hotel with sirens going off in the nights.

I didn't hear anything from the firestation thankfully. To be honest, I probably wouldn't wake anyway if I was properly asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Not particularly dodgy, far worse goes on in the city centre but if you want a central hotel to enjoy the nightlife then it's probably not the place for you

Advertisement