Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying A PSVita. Help Needed.

Options
  • 31-10-2012 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying the vita in the next week or so. I have an xbox so I'll only be playing the vita at night or when I'm going somewhere in the car/bus. I've a few questions before I buy it.

Wheres the best place to buy it cheaply either online or in store? Is it worth the money? Recently I've got a craving to play a few of the old ps one/ps2 games and I'm wondering is there anyway to play them games on it? Or is there games out already that would be similar? What games are the best at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

hefferboi wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying the vita in the next week or so. I have an xbox so I'll only be playing the vita at night or when I'm going somewhere in the car/bus. I've a few questions before I buy it.

Wheres the best place to buy it cheaply either online or in store? Is it worth the money? Recently I've got a craving to play a few of the old ps one/ps2 games and I'm wondering is there anyway to play them games on it? Or is there games out already that would be similar? What games are the best at the moment?

not sure where the cheapest is but hmv are generally good. Just shop around. Maybe check adverts.ie if u want to go second hand. Or a bundle deal with a good game would be worth it.

Ps1 games can be legitimately downloaded from psn and played on vita. Certain ps2 games are being re-released on vita (metal gear 2/3, persona 4, zone of Enders, final fantasy X etc)

some good vita games are gravity rush, mutant blobs attack, sound shapes, uncharted and a few good ones in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

animaX wrote: »
    not sure where the cheapest is but hmv are generally good. Just shop around. Maybe check adverts.ie if u want to go second hand. Or a bundle deal with a good game would be worth it.

Ps1 games can be legitimately downloaded from psn and played on vita. Certain ps2 games are being re-released on vita (metal gear 2/3, persona 4, zone of Enders, final fantasy X etc)

some good vita games are gravity rush, mutant blobs attack, sound shapes, uncharted and a few good ones in the near future

Thanks for the reply. So would you recommend it? Looked around and some nice deals so will probably invest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

hefferboi wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. So would you recommend it? Looked around and some nice deals so will probably invest :)

I just bought 2nd hand, loving it. As mentioned above check adverts but also dondeal, gumtree etc. I get the feeling November is Vita month in that PS+ is coming (no mention of specific games being offered yet) and Sony have said there wont be a price drop till 2013 sometime so there will be a push on gaming quality and value based content.

As regards recommending it only you can know. If you can afford it, if you will play it, if you enjoy proper moblie gaming i'd say go for it.

toys.ie just lowered the price of the wifi/3g to that of the wifi only, €249 but with the new bundles as well you might want to look at those. Personally i'd find a mint condition 2nd hand Vita (very easy as many treat them with kid gloves), nicely alert them of the new bundle offers, get a good deal on price and if Sony pull it off get PS+ for all the freebies. My two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

it is best to allways buy the original model befor they update it to much or before a new model come out, i only mention this cause of the hacking possibilities of the vita.

its a quad core processor with a standerd speed of 2Ghz for each core, but with a under clocking of 800Mhz for each one. once it is hacked fully with the original model. running ps1, ps2, xbox,maybe 360, gamcube and and more with this hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I doubt the vita will ever be able to emulate gamecube, xbox etc

The fact that the vita specs are better than those machines doesn't automatically imply it can emulate them.

Having said that, I am looking forward to vita usermode homebrew/emus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement