Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you opening the door to kids for Halloween?

• 31-10-2012 1:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭

Poll included.

Personally, I went through a phase of not opening the door to them for a good few years :pac: But over the last 2 years I open :) ... got monkey nuts ready.

So what about you?

Are you opening the door? 35 votes

Yes.
    0% 0 votes
    No.
    100% 35 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

No. They piss me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

We have treats ready to give out, but haven't had a single trick-or-treater yet. Maybe this is a Northern Irish thing, but I seem to recall kids would do Hallowe'en singing on the lead-up to the night as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Monkey nut houses were such a disappointment!!

Ill be going to my parents and giving out sweets to little kids. I live near a pretty rough area so theres no hope of me staying here that night! Last year there was bangers going off, fireworks, kids ringing the buzzer and running away....

Plus Im 3 floors up and theres no way Im taking them stairs every time someone rings the buzzer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Hell no.

They can f**k off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Yep…went out he other day and bought a load of stuff - packs of sweets, jellies, lollies, flumps (oh yeah), crisps, apples, oranges and some nuts :D

Got some sandwich bags and filled them all up yesterday and have the bags of treats all ready for them!

(I do hate Halloween mind you)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

mauzo wrote: »
    Monkey nut houses were such a disappointment!!

Makes me wanna buy more monkey nuts for them now :pac:
    I'll then suprise them one year with bounty bars. Then back to monkey nuts. You know, just to generally be a dickhead. lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Opening doors and bringing them in. And I may even let some of them leave.

Muahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Yes I will but I will be naked. I can be naked in my own home!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

We have sweets in for them, but we've been getting fewer and fewer trick or treaters over the last few years :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm going over to my friends house to eat the sweets her children collect.

It's bad for them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

No. I blame Jimmy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Too afraid of the tricks not to give out the good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yes. I'm up all night sticking razors into my Pink Ladies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

We have sweets in for them, but we've been getting fewer and fewer trick or treaters over the last few years :(

Global warming most likely

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Global warming most likely

There's no young kids on my road anymore. The wolves got them all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Guess I'll just leave out an empty bowl with a "please take one" sign

:pac:

Guess I'll just leave out an empty bowl with a "please take one" sign

:pac:

I hope someone robs your bowl. And your sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

I'm gonna open the door and throw monkey nuts at their face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

Kids, my arse.

It's a well known fact that only 10% of Trick or Treat'ers are kids.

The rest are all midgets in masks that wait for this one night to horde up on nuts and other goodies for the year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I usually put a fishing line about 30 cm off the ground across my gate. i then look out my windows when any of the little beggers come and they fall flat on there face. serves em right. respect my authority!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Yup! But only until 8pm then am ignoring them while I cringe watching my son on tv for an hour before going to my mates house to get drunk.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I hope someone robs your bowl. And your sign.
    :p

http://i.imgur.com/WvinH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bohboh

Are you opening the door?"

only for the sexy kids... sorry its all this Jimmy Saville news.

Seriously If you give them nice sweets your house gets marked & you will be harrassed all night, the litte bastards will swap halloween costumes and come back repeat times all for the sweets, Give the little ****s nuts to secure a kid free night.

Advertisement