Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using an SMS gateway. Help!!

Options
  • 31-10-2012 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking into using an SMS gateway. I heard that I can use JellySMS or Eirtext Pro to do it but I am wondering, does anyone know if I can get replies to JellySMS or Eirtext Pro if I send a message via a gateway using a mobile number as a sender ID.

Basically I need to send out about 30 to 50 texts per week to people, but I need the replies to come to me plus a couple of other people without me having to forward them manually.

Is there a way to do this? I will be using a spare sim card & phone that I have. Is webtext an option? Would the reply come to the phone with the sim card in it (that the webtext ID belongs to) or would it come back to the JellySMS / Eirtext Pro App if 2 or 3 different people were signed in on different devices?

i hope that makes sense.

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭zu

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

zu wrote: »

Device not compatible.

I got a Galaxy Note 2 as a second phone to do whatever needs doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭zu

Ha, cheers for that.

There are nearly too many to choose from though. Can anyone recommend one to use on Android?

Also, does anyone know is it possible to auto forward SMS to another phone & then possibly reply to a text from the other phone to the sender, showing the number they first sent the text to?

Are there any gateway sites that are supported by an App that myself & a couple of others could silmutaneously log into, receieve texts to & possibly reply.

For example, if Mobile 1 sends an SMS to Mobile 2 i want it to be forwarded to Mobile 3. I then want to be able to reply from Mobile 3 to Mobile 1.....but for the message to come up as being from Mobile 2 if that makes sense.

Mobile 2 acting as the middle man sitting in a drawer at home. Don't want to carry 2 phones. I see those gateway sites alliw texts to be sent for €0.034 or similar which seams very reasonable.

All help appreciated.

Ha, cheers for that.

There are nearly too many to choose from though. Can anyone recommend one to use on Android?

Also, does anyone know is it possible to auto forward SMS to another phone & then possibly reply to a text from the other phone to the sender, showing the number they first sent the text to?

Are there any gateway sites that are supported by an App that myself & a couple of others could silmutaneously log into, receieve texts to & possibly reply.

For example, if Mobile 1 sends an SMS to Mobile 2 i want it to be forwarded to Mobile 3. I then want to be able to reply from Mobile 3 to Mobile 1.....but for the message to come up as being from Mobile 2 if that makes sense.

Mobile 2 acting as the middle man sitting in a drawer at home. Don't want to carry 2 phones. I see those gateway sites allow texts to be sent for €0.034 or similar which seams very reasonable.

All help appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement