Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Abroad Next Semester

Options
  • 31-10-2012 4:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am coming to study at DCU next semester from Albion College, and I had a couple of questions.I was wondering what the style of the classes is like. Here we have a lot of discussion based courses that are reading and writing intensive. Are the classes structured similarly or is it much more lecture and exam based? I am also (obviously) curious about the social life. I enjoy a pretty lively social life here even though my school is small and I am hoping to continue that at DCU. Also, if you have any suggestions for places to go and things to do let me know! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

tbh in terms of the classes it really depends on what course you're doing. Some courses are lecture and exam based, but the course I'm in has a great mix of lectures and seminars. The social life in DCU is really good, you won't be short of things to do. And make sure you join some societies too, they always organise nights out and they're usually good craic.

Advertisement