Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap petrol

Options
  • 31-10-2012 7:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Meant putting this up sooner. passed that msxol on the o brien road at weekend and petrol was 154.9 a litre this is between 10 and 12 cent cheaper then most.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

That's more like a diesel price? you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

100 percent had to check twice and put 60 odd in the car. even checked it on pumps.ie was that price Sunday and Monday as filled mam and dads cars too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Yeah i got fuel there too. The Esso up the road was only a cent dearer.

Petrol was 1.57 and diesel 1.52 in Bunclody as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Maxol is 152.9 now and esso and fitspatricks are 153.9. Lets hope it drops more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Did you catch how much the diesel was racso1975? Same price or less?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

The petrol station out at the dolmen is 152.8 for both petrol and diesel.

Any reason how the price has dropped so much but kilkenny is still in the 1.60's

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Schism wrote: »
    Did you catch how much the diesel was racso1975? Same price or less?

the diesel was more expensive by 1cent when i was there yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Real Life wrote: »
    the diesel was more expensive by 1cent when i was there yesterday
    Still is tonight.
    Haven't seen petrol being cheaper than diesel for years.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

a slightly worrying trend that petrol and diesel are now similar money, how long before diesel becomes the more expensive fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

diesel should be more expensive its the devils juice.

Diesel is one cent dearer on both stations this evening I believe. That great gas out by the IT was still charging 165.9 today. I got badly stung :-(

• Advertisement

Im in kilkenny tonight and prices are still around e1.67. Glad I filled up before I left carlow, 15cent a litre cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

there is nowhere i have seen cheaper then those 2 or even below 1.60

on the diesel there is always less chance of it dropping price during winter due to demand for home heating

1.54 for diesel & 1.55 for petrol in Ballon(Texaco)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

diesel should be more expensive its the devils juice.

Diesel is one cent dearer on both stations this evening I believe. That great gas out by the IT was still charging 165.9 today. I got badly stung :-(

You'll find they're always a sight more expensive than everyone else.

^^^ The reason I went there was that last week i got petrol twice there and it was 3 cent cheaper than most other places, that was obviously not the norm. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

racso1975 wrote: »
    Meant putting this up sooner. passed that msxol on the o brien road at weekend and petrol was 154.9 a litre this is between 10 and 12 cent cheaper then most.

Petrol 152.9 this afternoon at the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

You would have to wonder why Carlow and Birr have the most competitive pricing in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

Maxol on O'brien Road had diesal at 149.9 this morning

Petrol for 151.99 on the obrien rd and the garage up at highfield. Wont be that cheap tomorrow so time to fill up now

Post budget, can ignore that last bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Owryan wrote: »
    Petrol for 151.99 on the obrien rd and the garage up at highfield. Wont be that cheap tomorrow so time to fill up now
    Actually according to RTE there is no increase in excise on Petrol and Diesel so should still be the same..

No increase in petrol or diesel.

Maxol is 1:51.9

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

esso at braun is 149.9 for diesal as well now. I.54.9-1.569 in Dublin so carlow good for something !!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

2 years on - 117.9 cent a litre of diesel in Cobh in Cork - how things have changed - long may it last

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Definitely the best website around to find the cheapest fuel ... http://pumps.ie/

Definitely the best website around to find the cheapest fuel ... http://pumps.ie/

Pity their android app is complete muck, if it was usable without forcing you to enable gps then more people might submit prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

tommycahir wrote: »
    Pity their android app is complete muck, if it was usable without forcing you to enable gps then more people might submit prices.

Yeah, it should be easier alright ... or enable GPS, and detect the petrol station you are at there and then and it would be simple to update. The more accurate the info is the better it will be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I hope they stay down, love being able to get a full tanks worth for nearly half of what it was a few months ago!

Yeah, it should be easier alright ... or enable GPS, and detect the petrol station you are at there and then and it would be simple to update. The more accurate the info is the better it will be.

I have often been just passing a station and took a mental note of the price to change it later but the app just doesn't accommodate that sort of update easily...

Anyways back on topic, the longer the prices stay down the better, even heating oil is at a 4.5 year low...

• Advertisement

Heating oil is down to 72.9 at my local pump.

Advertisement