Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MVC Tutorials

Options
  • 31-10-2012 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some good MVC Application tutorials..

There are tons to snippets and tutorials out there, but I was looking to see if I could find some that people found particularly useful. Maybe a small working system as final complementation.

Don't mind if I have to use any particular framework or ORM, but I'm going to be working with Java and MySql and Tomcat so if related that would help.

Cheers

Oh and some clear UML would be useful too..!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

k.p.h wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some good MVC Application tutorials..

There are tons to snippets and tutorials out there, but I was looking to see if I could find some that people found particularly useful. Maybe a small working system as final complementation.

Don't mind if I have to use any particular framework or ORM, but I'm going to be working with Java and MySql and Tomcat so if related that would help.

Cheers

Oh and some clear UML would be useful too..!

Spring MVC is the industry standard for java web MVC applications. The site is http://www.springsource.org/ and their SVN repo has some demo applications you can check out and play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paligulus1

I thought the MVC explanation in the book "Head First Design Patterns" was very good. It basically goes through the Model View Controller design pattern from the ground up.

I know the Head First books really divide the dev community but I would have no problem recommending this book.

Advertisement