Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the Power for the Shaver Light be used to Power a bathroom heater also?

Options
  • 31-10-2012 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Can I take a spur from the shaver light to power also a bathroom wall heater?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ronan45 wrote: »
    Can I take a spur from the shaver light to power also a bathroom wall heater?
    no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Well when i say spur i mean stick a wire onto the wire that feeds the shaver thats in between the plasterboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

No.

It's not able to supply enough power & you may cause a fire and/or burn out the wire if you try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

AHhh I get ya. I thought that wire in the wall was a standard power wire that supplies the standard plugs but i guess the shaver wiring is on the lighting circuit ;)
    I assumed the lights worked off the same power supplies/wiring as standard sockets etc. Thinking logically the lighting circuit would have a lot less power and i assume the cabling would be lighter also. thus not being able to run a fan heater
    Cheers for info lads:cool:

Advertisement