Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly with Bruce!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

This is the single greatest thing I've ever seen in my whole entire life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭flasher0030

It's a simulator, not a real plane.
    £666 for 1 hour is pretty pricey. Even if it is Bruce Dickenson.
    I met him once after a gig in The Point (as it was known then).
    Very underwhelming - the man is only about 5 foot tall. But I suppose I had worshipped Iron Maiden for 2 decades, and held them in such high esteem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Don't meet your heroes.

Besides, 666 of your Great British Pounds. I know he's entrepreneurial but still. Money grabbing exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mazza

I actually wondered why he was bothered doing it at all...

An hour in a commercial flight simulator runs to a couple of hundred quid, I'd assume. Other expenses out of that and you might be left with a few hundred quid per session for his time and effort.

Seems like a lot of commitment / time for very little reward for a man in Bruce's position. One would assume he's very wealthy, no? Or is it just for the love of it?!

Also, unless I got it wrong, you can bring up to two guests with you for the £666, so it doesn't seem that expensive if you were a big fan and wanted to meet him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Comes to almost £800 after tax which is pretty much €1,000. £500 got me a return flight to Stockholm (with him as pilot), a night in a hotel, tickets for the gig, to meet Bruce and get up on the stage before the show for a group photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

mazza wrote: »
    I actually wondered why he was bothered doing it at all...

An hour in a commercial flight simulator runs to a couple of hundred quid, I'd assume. Other expenses out of that and you might be left with a few hundred quid per session for his time and effort.

Seems like a lot of commitment / time for very little reward for a man in Bruce's position. One would assume he's very wealthy, no? Or is it just for the love of it?!

Also, unless I got it wrong, you can bring up to two guests with you for the £666, so it doesn't seem that expensive if you were a big fan and wanted to meet him.

He owns the machine. Or a the companies he's involved with does. Remember reading that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

i always thought rod stewart was the tightest man in music-bruce adding to his millions-tool

Advertisement