Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean shaven after 3 years

• 31-10-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    So as the title suggests, I had my first "blade shave" in over three years, on Monday. I was always using a trimmers on it, so it always looked like there was a few days growth on my face. Anyway, Ive noticed today that it looks like I may have a bad case of ingrown hairs. I am assuming this is because the hairs havent been "trained" to grow out from such a short cut in a long time. Is there anyway I can prevent this from happening? I put on emulsifying lotion onto my face after the shave.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

don't shave against the grain for now, until the ingrown hairs are sorted anyway. Then make sure you use a good quality soap/cream and use a facial scrub pre-shave to lift the hairs and hence make it easier to shave.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thanks for that. I never shave against the grain anyway! Always found that left me alot worse!

Advertisement