Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Swansea Capital One Cup 8 pm

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

5 mins added time :)

In the first half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Melion wrote: »

In the first half?

No the 2nd period of extra time :D

Ahhh FFS 3-1 Swansea :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

oops. Over now 1-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Liverpool 2 -Everton 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Other than the goal Luis has been gash. Losing the ball every other time he touches it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ahh well all over now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭budgemook

Mickey Mouse cup anyways :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

****e. my stream is behind the bbc feed.

prolly better i dont watch it :/

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sky Sports got me that time!!! FU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

el dude wrote: »
    Other than the goal Luis has been gash. Losing the ball every other time he touches it.

Losing it while surrounded and in the box trying to beat 3 players,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'm going to bed :(

That was awful.

Tactically naive from Rodgers tonight.

A great chance of a trophy gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

rarnes1 wrote: »
    That was awful.

Our openness is starting to worry me

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

That was awful.

I'd rather this be out of the way to save players fitness for the PL and Europe. Who here honestly cared when we won the cup last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We lost, but let's not lose perspective here. Out of the four competitions we're competing in, this is easily the least significant. The only thing I am annoyed about tonight was Joe Cole and is worse than abysmal form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd rather this be out of the way to save players fitness for the PL and Europe. Who here honestly cared when we won the cup last year.

A lot of people did.

That was awful.

Our squad is thin enough without having to deal with this competition. Of course id like to win it but its meaningless at the end of the day and i wont be too annoyed about it in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Who here honestly cared when we won the cup last year.

if you didn't care you have no business supporting the club

liverpool are fooling themselves if they think rodgers is the man to lead them forward

• Advertisement

el dude wrote: »
    Played 14 competitive games for us this season. Scored 9 and assisted for 5. Useless lump - bring big Andy home, I say!

One of those are you? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

sure its only a joke cup anyway :P

oh let the arguments commence already :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

sure its only a joke cup anyway :P

oh let the arguments commence already :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Swansea were excellent in fairness. Very comfy in possession and don't overdo it when they are in dangerous positions.

They really gave us a lesson in how attacking widemen should use the ball. Michu knew exactly when to release the pass quickly in the final third, thats something we don't have at all.

It will take time for us to adapt to the system though, too many players incapable of changing though I think, Gerrard, Downing etc... Gerrard is still effective but he will never be fully capable at playing the way Rodgers envisioned.

Either we will get better or else we will see that Swansea played that way before Rodgers was even there and we backed the wrong horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

really scary that when our midfield try to pressure their defence that a simple diagonal pass through the midfield completely takes them out of the game!

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Swansea were excellent in fairness. Very comfy in possession and don't overdo it when they are in dangerous positions.

They really gave us a lesson in how attacking widemen should use the ball. Michu knew exactly when to release the pass quickly in the final third, thats something we don't have at all.

It will take time for us to adapt to the system though, too many players incapable of changing though I think, Gerrard, Downing etc... Gerrard is still effective but he will never be fully capable at playing the way Rodgers envisioned.

Either we will get better or else we will see that Swansea played that way before Rodgers was even there and we backed the wrong horse.

Been playing that way under the previous three managers. they had a vision, we had one of those from 2004-2009.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Wtf happened!?

also want to ask a hypothetical question. before anyone jumps down my neck, its an opinion i've held even last season.

Re: Suarez, if you were offered the same fee we received for Torres would you sell him?

If it meant signing 2 players in the 25million range?

I would in an absolute heartbeat.

• Advertisement

One of those are you? :rolleyes:

Well playing our first team for the CC and FA Cup hardly did wonders for our league form.

Well playing our first team for the CC and FA Cup hardly did wonders for our league form.

And yet this season our league form is poor and now knocked out of a cup.

rossie1977 wrote: »

liverpool are fooling themselves if they think rodgers is the man to lead them forward

Because of one match which was our second string(and Joe Cole) against a strong Swansea team :confused:

10 points heading into november is a better return?

Jayob10 wrote: »
    They're a good footballing team, but it was their first team against our second string. We shouldn't lose sight of that.

So who to lead LFC forward then :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

They're a good footballing team, but it was their first team against our second string. We shouldn't lose sight of that.

True enough but one step away from the QF we should be taken this game more seriously as we aint gonna finish in the top six this year.

on this day last year liverpool sat in 5th with 18 points

please tell me how are they doing this year........

billybudd wrote: »
    9 points heading into november is a better return?

10 points.

I remember when Jurgen Klopp first started at Dortmund. No fan believed that he would be the man to bring Dortmund back to the glory days He invested in cheap young players. His team got off to a slow start . Two years later he won back to back Bundesligas. So moral of the story, believe in Rodgers and give him time.

I remember when Jurgen Klopp first started at Dortmund. No fan believed that he would be the man to bring Dortmund back to the glory days He invested in cheap young players. His team got off to a slow start . Two years later he won back to back Bundesligas. So moral of the story, believe in Rodgers and give him time.

Or replace him with Klopp...and the Dortmund team.

• Advertisement

oh ffs rodgers is not klopp, rodgers is another alex mcleish

It's funny how many people compare the Klopp story with Rodgers :D

Moral of tonight, Rodgers fúcked up and it should be highlighted.

3 points Sunday is now essential.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Prepared to give Rodgers the time he needs to begin the project. Disappointed losing to Swansea, if only because it was at Anfield, and we won the Cup last year. League form is ultimately more important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's not the manager, for me, its the players. Who was the last manager who could get a team to understand the basics of pass, move, get into space. Tiem after time, I'm wathing one player on the ball and three others sitting on the edge of the box, marked and just doing nothing. Or am I missing something? Is there a logic to this I don't see?

And it was the same under Kenny, Hodgson and towards the end of benitez.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

on this day last year liverpool sat in 5th with 18 points

please tell me how are they doing this year........

The league doesn't end today, you do realise that yea?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Or replace him with Klopp...and the Dortmund team.
    Why stop at just the Dortmund team? Why not just replace our lads with the Barca team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Goal Suarez!!

Why stop at just the Dortmund team? Why not just replace our lads with the Barca team?

Or the rest of the Premier League with the rest of the Bundesleiga.

The league doesn't end today, you do realise that yea?

Yeah, ours ended in september:pac:

Rodgers has edged Carra out of the picture, I think he will show balls and gradually reduce Stevies influence from next season onwards.

Quite frankly its ridiculous that this has not been nipped in the bud, still using him as our talisman. Theres alot to be said about the good things Gerrard can still do.

Sometimes though individuals (no matter how good) can unbalance a side when everything has to go through them.

The template was United with Van Nistelrooy. Superb goalscorer, but inevitably the side was better off without him as the focal point.

Gerrard is not the force he was and needs to be used accordingly. It also makes a statement to the other players that you are not above being even subbed.

I always said it would be interesting to see how BR deals with Carra an Gerrard. Fair dues he has culled Carra from the big games, I think Stevie (although still useful) needs to be shown that he is not above being taken out.

For a team trying to play structured possession football, where the balls does most of the work, Stevie is not compatible at all. He still believes in running in bursts and covering ground when there is a smart ball to be played between the lines. He should not be the focal point of this team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement