Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Office 365, Sick of it after one day

Options
  • 31-10-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

I installed the trial version of Office 365 yesterday and have found it the most user unfriendly piece of software ever.
    It looks like it could really suit my needs syncing documents between PC, Laptop & Phone but as I have an android phone I can only sync email through exchange.

Here comes the rant.

The bit that does my noodle in is that I contacted Microsoft about 6 times before I started the trial and no one seemed to know what they were on about so I decided to try for myself. Linking office 365 with my own domain was easy enough but I have awful problems setting up the exchange server on my android phone all the tutorials on the website were for a previous version of 365 and had not been updated.
    I contacted support twice and after getting through to Mumbai I was told that I was not eligible for phone support, which considering that I had not even chosen a plan yet was gas. So I tried to contact customer support via web chat but was refereed to customer support via phone which I was not eligible for.
    There is only 10gig of space for documents and additional space is £2.50 per gig according to UK customer support, but 10gb would be workable for me. For the life of me I cant find where to use word on line.
    This is not my first time trying to give Microsoft money as at the start of the year I tried to use bing adds with much the same result.

Google docs has formatting issues so its not for me so I really want this to work as it would make life easier for me but Microsoft don't seem to care.

Is it the same for everyone or just me ?

Advertisement