Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wiring advice needed

Options
  • 31-10-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    Got my house rewired a while ago and had an outside cable ran from the fusebox so I can bring electricity to a old shed. have brought the cable in but when i recently tried to connect a socket it to it and plugged something in then all the sockets in the house tripped. thought i could manage to do this myself without getting a pro in. can anyone offer any advice. when wiring th socket i noticed the wire is quite heavy so do i need to run the power through something else in the shed first before i connect the socket?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BrianDug

Are you sure you connected the socket up correctly before attempting to plug something into it?

Its possible that you wired the socket wrong, i.e you have mixed up earth and neutral, or the cable could of been terminated in the board incorrectly ( neutral & earth mixed around )

• Registered Users Posts: 3 erasmust

connection to the board was done by an electricity and the socket is wired correctly

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

He more than likely has the neutral from that cable on the wrong neutral bar in the DB. Can you identify the cable in the board or would you have a meter to bell it out?

Advertisement