Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal as means of payment

Options
  • 31-10-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

hi all

I would like to hear your oininions about using paypal as a means of payment for small irish firms.

Would you be against it of for it ?

If possible I would like to interview some of you through msn to ask some questions if thats okay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

Unless you are selling through ebay avoid using paypal, fees are a joke and their support is painful to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Unless you are selling through ebay avoid using paypal, fees are a joke and their support is painful to deal with

Their fees are indeed high, but it seems that more and more customers, including B2B users like to use it and feel more secure.

We offer it for our B2B online stores but always as the second option. We need any business we can get!

Cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I use it on a couple of small ecommerce websites with small turnovers. Saves on merchant banking fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Their fees are indeed high, but it seems that more and more customers, including B2B users like to use it and feel more secure.

We offer it for our B2B online stores but always as the second option. We need any business we can get!

Cheers

Peter

thanks for the reply pete.Do you mindme asking why its the 2nd options as a means of payment.

Swampy wrote: »
    I use it on a couple of small ecommerce websites with small turnovers. Saves on merchant banking fees.

thanks for the reply swamply, would you recommend paypal oer any other forms of payment e.g amazon or western union ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

thanks for the reply pete.Do you mindme asking why its the 2nd options as a means of payment.

The transaction fees are cheaper on credit cards, so crdit cards first and then PayPal!!

Cheers

peter

The transaction fees are cheaper on credit cards, so crdit cards first and then PayPal!!

Cheers

peter

In terms of security in various forms e.g someone cant access a stolen credit card to purchse items its also possibly for someone to use an unauthoised paypal account aswell to pay for goos and services.

which is safer credit card or paypal in terms of protection for you ?

thanks again

Advertisement