Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet the Brewer: Bierhaus, Cork

Options
  • 31-10-2012 1:34pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Bierhaus in Cork City just tweeted that they're starting a Meet the Brewer series. The first one is this Friday, 2nd November, and the brewer is Aidan from Galway Hooker. Kick off is 8.30pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Any truth in the rumour that Carrick is taking over Galway Hooker brewing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Des wrote: »

Have Galway not recently moved to lager site, maybe they are share the space?

oblivious wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

:D
    It scared the **** out of me til I realised it was a typo.

I hope.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

News to me. Where'd you hear it? Let's see if we can trace it back to a source.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

oblivious wrote: »

They are still in Roscommon, I don't think they will be moving anytime soon either.

BeerNut wrote: »
    News to me. Where'd you hear it? Let's see if we can trace it back to a source.

OK, a guy I know works for BOC and says he knows one of the Carrick lads who told him. I can't remember the name he told me.

I know this guy pretty well, ie, I was his best man, so he has absolutely no reason to make up stories like this.

He also told me that a lot of the craft breweries are being a bit sneaky in pubs, and sticking their own beers on the BOC maintained ring without permission.

The guy I know has to disconnect them.

OK, a guy I know works for BOC and says he knows one of the Carrick lads who told him. I can't remember the name he told me.

I know this guy pretty well, ie, I was his best man, so he has absolutely no reason to make up stories like this.

He also told me that a lot of the craft breweries are being a bit sneaky in pubs, and sticking their own beers on the BOC maintained ring without permission.

Boc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Seaneh wrote: »
    Boc?

The bottled gas for pubs people.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

That is as much the pub's doing as well though. The pub can easily ask for the craft breweries to supply their own gas or provide gas and then charge the brewery.

• Advertisement

_blank_ wrote: »

Sure, but there's ample room for misinterpretation in that chain of whispers.

Carrig is a beer brand without a brewery. It could be they're aiming to partner with Hooker, providing Hooker with expansion capital and giving themselves more control over their own production. If Carrig did buy Hooker someone would still have to brew the beer and I can't picture that person being anyone other than Aidan.

Meanwhile, back on topic, Trouble Brewing are doing the next Meet the Brewer at The Bierhaus, this Thursday.

Hooker will be doing the same in Against the Grain in Dublin on Friday.

OT again, but who are Carraig? I've never heard of them, where are they based?

And if they aren't brewing themselves I take it himself in tipp is brewing it in white gypsy for them?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Seaneh wrote: »
    OT again, but who are Carraig? I've never heard of them, where are they based?

And if they aren't brewing themselves I take it himself in tipp is brewing it in white gypsy for them?

http://www.carrigcraftbrewing.com/

Their beer is brewed by Bo Bristle (formerly Breweyed), Co.Offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

One half of Carrig is from Carrick-on-Shannon, hence the name. Brewed for them in Banagher, as has been said.

Advertisement