Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penney's Returns policy?

Options
  • 31-10-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a pair of Chino's in Penney's about 3 weeks ago. I've only worn them twice. Today I noticed there's a hole in them. On the receipt it states that they accept returns or exchanges so long as the goods are in a resaleable condition!

Obviously they aren't in resaleable condition, but surely there shouldn't be a hole in them already! Would they let me exchange them for a new pair or do ye think they'll tell me to F. Off?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What kind of hole is it? It it obviously a manufacturing/design flaw or a hole that could be due to wear & tear?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jonny Drama

wyndham wrote: »
    What kind of hole is it? It it obviously a manufacturing/design flaw or a hole that could be due to wear & tear?

It's where threading has come loose! Shouldn't be wear & tear because I've only wore them 2 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

On the receipt it states that they accept returns or exchanges so long as the goods are in a resaleable condition!

That is what is required when you are returning due to a change of mind. In your case, the goods appear to be faulty which is a whole different story.

Gather up the chinos, along with proof of purchase, and head back to the store

dudara wrote: »
    That is what is required when you are returning due to a change of mind. In your case, the goods appear to be faulty which is a whole different story.

Gather up the chinos, along with proof of purchase, and head back to the store

Good advice! Will do tomorrow, thanks for that..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Let us know how it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Do as Dudara suggested and head back to the store with the chino's and receipt.

I bought a pair of flat shoes there, after wearing them once the sole started coming apart from the shoe, I brought them back and explained, and got my refund.

Brought the chino's back today. I showed them the fault and there was no questions asked by the girl at CS. I exchanged them for another pair, hassle free..

Cheers for the help everyone..

Advertisement